aberdeen-music

Camping Spots

Looking for somewhere a little more remote...

Why? What you up to?! Acid? o_O

That bit Graeme suggested is quite remote. It's the other side of Ballater and if you're far enough along the river you wouldn't know there's a village nearby.

What are the general rules for where people are allowed to camp? If it's not private land then is it fair game?

Even if it is, as long as you've got a few caravans and transit vans your pretty much sorted. :up:

Hell you'll even get toilets and a skip provided.

Having some dogs help as well...fucking pikeys.

Some good spots passed Braemar. Taking the road through the village and passed golf course leads to lots of remote spots.

glen doll has plenty of great camping spots, esp up by loch brandy and jocks road. not too far from the deen and very stunning. if you are willing to travel, I would say Loch Tummel, I go there about 4/5 times a year to camp. its fantastic.

Seconded! Glen Doll is one of the most beautiful areas in Scotland, lots of good places to camp and the scenery is wonderful.

If you don't mind a wee bit of a drive, theres a campsite in Inverbervie thats great. If you go to the main campsite, cross the stream and follow the coastline for 10 minutes you get to a beautiful area that has a campfire and overlooks the sea. Really peaceful and scenic.

Guest idol_wild

On a related note - can anyone with the knowledge and expertise advise me on where I should go to invest in a basic one or two berth tent that won't break the bank?

On a related note - can anyone with the knowledge and expertise advise me on where I should go to invest in a basic one or two berth tent that won't break the bank?

Blacks Vango Beta 250 Tent

I've got one of these, which does the job well and is really good value for money. Blacks often have really good online deals. It really depends on what you're using it for - if you're going to be camping up in the mountains then really you need a tent with a separate fly sheet to stop the rain from soaking through to the inside, and in that case it's worth spending a bit more on a decent name, rather than buying something really cheap and probably very pish.

Guest idol_wild
Blacks Vango Beta 250 Tent

I've got one of these, which does the job well and is really good value for money. Blacks often have really good online deals. It really depends on what you're using it for - if you're going to be camping up in the mountains then really you need a tent with a separate fly sheet to stop the rain from soaking through to the inside, and in that case it's worth spending a bit more on a decent name, rather than buying something really cheap and probably very pish.

This looks the absolute business. I'll stick it on my shortlist.

Cheers, comrade.

If you haven't looked already check out Halfords website. They have a wide selection for a decent price. Got a 2 berth (2 separate bedrooms) for about 70 quid which has done me 4 TitPs....

Was about to post the EXACT same thing.

Recommended.

:up:

Derry Lodge is ace. Just south of the Lairig Ghru and Glen Avon with plenty of nearby Munros and general walking opportunities. .JPG

If you don't mind a wee bit of a drive, theres a campsite in Inverbervie thats great. If you go to the main campsite, cross the stream and follow the coastline for 10 minutes you get to a beautiful area that has a campfire and overlooks the sea. Really peaceful and scenic.

All of the above - is there soemwhere to fish in these areas?

Argos have a half price sale on their tents just now (ok argos but they have quite a range)

You searched for TENTS - 57 results