aberdeen-music

New venue near union street?

Limeworld

Don't get me wrong its just a wild guess.

The past couple times I have been in KFC I have seen that the laser quest building behind society has had joiners & builders in doing from what I can see quite a lot of work to the place.

The last time I was in Aberdeen I seen a some (from what it looked like) audio equipment (well they looked like speakers and there were lots of cables) outside of it.

It still has wood over the door way so I can see if there is a new sign etc neither can you see in very well.

(Could tie in with the topic on aberdeen venues, On another 100 capacity one)

Has anyone got any info on this?

Apparently the upstairs is pretty big. Some of our older members must remember it when it was open in the 90's?

I certainly wouldn't classify myself as an older member but I can vaguely remember what it was like there. Sadly I can't recall how big it was- I just remember there being wads of fake computers and mental laser guns.

I heard Society is close to going bust.

I went in there once, thought it was somewhat lacking in atmosphere, had a nostalgic moment to myself rearranging it in my head to the way Ici was with the bar in the middle as you come in and the cocktail list up above (or was I just always mangled when I used to go in there and dreamed all that up?), shook my head, left and never went back.