aberdeen-music

Pictures that make you actually laugh out loud

Guest treader.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Giles Walker

I should post something that the rest of you can enjoy as well.

"Here pictured below is a picture of my dog wearing glasses and clothes. He is always making a spectacle of himself! The humour here is derived from the dog wearing human clothes, which is something they do not generally do, since they have fur, and also from the duality of the word 'spectacle' which in this case is used at first as a noun to accentuate the fact that a dog dressed as a human would draw attention and create a spectacle, and also as a noun in the sense that part of the get up that would be drawing this attention is a pair of eyeglasses. So i am sort of 'punning' the use of the word spectacle if you will"

tumblr_mkhxk9rE1i1s3fl55o1_500.jpg

• Upvote 8

It's a pisstake of how white people make fun of asians by doing the 'squinty eyes' and saying things like 'ching chong' or 'flied lice'. In this particular image, the lady is stretching her eyes vertically, thus imitating how an asian may perceive caucasian eyes. The text is a phonetic version of a heavily accented chinese pronunciation of two words: 1) Baseball and 2) Apple Pie. Both words synonomous with western/american culture.

The humour is to be found in a) the ridiculousness of the image itself and b) the inversion of stereotypes.

• Upvote 1

It's a pisstake of how white people make fun of asians by doing the 'squinty eyes' and saying things like 'ching chong' or 'flied lice'. In this particular image, the lady is stretching her eyes vertically, thus imitating how an asian may perceive caucasian eyes. The text is a phonetic version of a heavily accented chinese pronunciation of two words: 1) Baseball and 2) Apple Pie. Both words synonomous with western/american culture.

The humour is to be found in a) the ridiculousness of the image itself and b) the inversion of stereotypes.

I see! I got the baseball bit, but that explains the picture. Thank you.