aberdeen-music

Pictures that make you actually laugh out loud

Guest treader.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it renders the site completely unusable while accessing it from a phone, which is what I do a lot of the time. Also it trips up old browsers.

Are you sure? Animated gifs have been around longer than mobile browsers. Maybe it's just your network. You should call customer services and complain.

I'd have thought older browsers would handle them a lot better than the scripting used for the spoiler tags.

Are you sure? Animated gifs have been around longer than mobile browsers. Maybe it's just your network. You should call customer services and complain.

I'd have thought older browsers would handle them a lot better than the scripting used for the spoiler tags.

Nein. When there's too many gifs on a page my phone tries to load them all up, freezes up and shuts down my browser. The new site is horrible for phone browsing anyway, that just accentuates it. There's too much shit going on, stupid pop-down menus and the likes. My phone hates this site.

I use IE at work, an old version with no plug-ins, when I open this thread it opens the gifs and starts playing them but plays them reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally really slowly, like 1 frame per second. While it's doing that, everything else becomes unresponsive. Which is fine if there's one or two gifs, any more and I basically can't do anything.

Nein. When there's too many gifs on a page my phone tries to load them all up, freezes up and shuts down my browser. The new site is horrible for phone browsing anyway, that just accentuates it. There's too much shit going on, stupid pop-down menus and the likes. My phone hates this site.

I use IE at work, an old version with no plug-ins, when I open this thread it opens the gifs and starts playing them but plays them reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally really slowly, like 1 frame per second. While it's doing that, everything else becomes unresponsive. Which is fine if there's one or two gifs, any more and I basically can't do anything.

You know how we could fix this? PUT THE GIFS IN ANOTHER THREAD JUST LIKE WHAT I TRIED TO DO.