aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

I just finished the first season of Banshee, after watching the first 3 episodes about a year ago.

It's total trash, but it's really great. The fairly thin plotlines are masked effectively by all the sex and violence. The violence is pretty brutal. There's one episode where a fight lasts pretty much the entire episode, with tacky action-movie one-liners between significant blows. So awesome.

I just finished the first season of Banshee, after watching the first 3 episodes about a year ago.

It's total trash, but it's really great. The fairly thin plotlines are masked effectively by all the sex and violence. The violence is pretty brutal. There's one episode where a fight lasts pretty much the entire episode, with tacky action-movie one-liners between significant blows. So awesome.

Yeah, I'm only a couple of episodes in but daaaaaaaaamn that Amish/Quaker lassie is hot. Fight scenes are like those in a Guy Ritchie film, all the moves are exaggerated. It's great though.

I'm really getting into Friday Night Lights at the moment. Started about a week ago and I'm now about halfway through season two. The show's just so more-ish, and it's got a shitload of heart. There's a little bit of teen drama nonsense floating around there, but what it says about small towns, growing-up, and the struggles of holding a family together trump everything.

It's laced with weird, effortless humour and Coach Taylor is an absolute gangster. Great show, and I don't even like American football.

• Upvote 1

lemme tell you sumthin - That show was my whole world for a couple months when I broke my leg and couldn't move from the sofa. So good.

Where are you up to? 

Nevermind... you said you were halfway through season 2. You've got a lot of heart-wrenching drama to come. 

Nevermind... you said you were halfway through season 2. You've got a lot of heart-wrenching drama to come. 

Yeah, I really love it. It touches so many heavy emotions without ever coming across as heavy-handed or corny, which is some achievement. Landry just turned himself in at the end of the last episode I watched. So many feels.

The unexpected comedy moments are what I live for though. This scene absolutely ruined me:-

B_-8zm_WcAApJb-.jpg

FInished Prison Break. The last season is pretty mental and could be done with chopping off episodes 16-22 (the last two were great, although utterly bizarre). Overall, the dip wasn't as bad as is made out. It's batshit crazy the whole way through but turned up a few notches the 3rd and 4th seasons.

need a new show now.

FINALLY someone else who's seen it.

I posted a while back urging people to watch it. One of the best shows in recent memory for me.

Actually I haven't seen it yet but I was thinking of making it the next show I'd start. I don't know anything about it other than Netflix is pushing it every time I'm on it. I just wanted to check it wasn't shit before starting out.

Actually I haven't seen it yet but I was thinking of making it the next show I'd start. I don't know anything about it other than Netflix is pushing it every time I'm on it. I just wanted to check it wasn't shit before starting out.

If you don't watch it now, Ca Gere will definitely cry.

xx

• Upvote 1

Damages - rattled through season 1 over the weekend. It's great. Has that legal battle/court room vibe of a John Grisham novel. Really hooked on it now. Took a solid 4 episodes to decide whether it was worth continuing but I'm glad I did. There are 5 seasons too, and my other half is away for work for a week so I'm looking forward to a good binge.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished Friday Night Lights. So much weird American teen drama stuff but I don't even care. Not sure how I'm gonna be able to get through life without Coach's nuggets of wisdom every day.

Also burned through the first season of Brooklyn Nine Nine in about seven days. My Netflix game is on a different level to most mortals.

Bloodline next I think. NEED MORE COACH.