aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Walking Dead. Just finished the latest season. No Spoilers.

Am I the only one who is really frustrated by the way they format the seasons, though? The mid-season breaks always seem to wrap up pretty nicely (like the END of a season should) and the end of the seasons always have big cliffhangers (which I'd expect mid-season).

Either way, Season 6, especially the later half, has been really good.

xx

• 1 month later...
On 10/05/2016 at 11:44 AM, Richard Pictures said:

The bag for life and I have been watching Vikings, which is lots of fun. Plenty of Odin, killing Christians, plundering etc... It is kind of repetitive, but fine in a switch your brain off way. Just started season 4, which seems to have an identical plot to season 2.

I called my wife the "bag for life" in our group chat this morning after reading this and now I'm getting a divorce, thanks Richard. 

• Upvote 3

On 10/05/2016 at 0:33 PM, Scubby said:

I do love It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, it is just a bunch of horrible people and doesn't try to pretend that they are actually lovely deep down.

The bag for life and I have watched the first 3 episodes of season 11, since they are on Netflix. Sterling work all round.

6 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

+1 for new Sunny. Not at it's very best but not worthy of the bashing it takes on the UK Sunny facebook group.

It's funny 'cause I'd say season 10 was probably the same level of call backs. this one's more meta and they're not quite grasping that concept.

speaking of meta, forgot how great South Park Season 19 is. rewatching that, as those of you who have me on facebook probably noticed. I hope we see more of the same in september.

• 1 month later...

A few things I've been watching:

sopranos from the beginning - finished it the other day. Got pretty addicted to the point I was getting up early to watch an episode before I left for work. I hadn't seen the last... Maybe 3 seasons when I watched it on tv. Great from start to finish. The wire is better but sopranos comes close. Rightfully lauded as one of the great series'. It's taken on a slightly different meaning now I know all the places they talk about. I'll never look at Montclair NJ the same again.

its always sunny - I used to get irritated by the shouting and semi gross-out nature of this show but once you just surrender to the fact the characters have zero morals and that's what's so good about the show you begin to enjoy it. I'm absolutely hooked now (up to about season 7 although it all merges into one). Some moments have had me laughing harder than any show I can remember. When it's good, it's one of the funniest shows there is.

Scream - mean girls meets gossip girl meets... Well, Scream. Total nonsense in the best way possible. It's pretty great and everyone is hot. Exactly what you want from a slasher tv series.

OJ - can't remember the full title. The drama one with Ross from friends. So good. There's an ESPN documentary series that followed it I'm gonna jump into. I have vague memories of the case but the gravity of the wider issues it brought to light are really brought forward well and it has gotten me really interested in the entire story. A lot more to it than 'did he do it?'

Marseille - French drama on Netflix with Gerard depardieu. Really really French in everything from the conversation to the personalities of the characters. They all smoke, fuck people other than their wives and eat good food. There's an interesting story in there somewhere but it's all about the Côte d'Azur vibes.

Bloodline - STILL one of the best shows knocking about right now. If you haven't gotten involved, get on it. Second season takes off right where the first leaves. Coach Taylor is awesome in it.

Horace and Pete - Louis C.K.'s new thing he has up on his website. Really good. Typical Louis C.K. it's sadder than it is funny and it tries to be super artsy but I'm really enjoying it. Steve Buscemi is great in it. As is Jessica Lange. Sylvia does my tits in though but I guess she was written to do that (that dinner episode was hard to watch)

Not quite TV Series, but I watched all of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared now that it's finished. needed some youtube theories to make heads or tails of it. HOW'D YOU GET THE IDEA?

15 minutes ago, Richard Pictures said:

Watched a couple of episodes of "Orange is the new Black" on the recommendation of friends. I don't think that it is an accurate portrayal of prison life.

It's not, but it's worth sticking with. 

Thanks to Netflix I'm back doing what I did when I was 14, watching Star Trek The Next Generation every night, and thinking about Deanna Troi when I masturbate. The first series is pretty bad. 

• 3 weeks later...

I ran out of It's always Sunny's to watch so got tucked into Bob's Burgers the other week. I didn't make it past the first two episodes last time i tried but loving it this time around. As you say, it's weird. Weird without being zany/random.

Aside, do people still say 'random' nowadays? haven't seen it in a while.

25 minutes ago, ca_gere said:

I ran out of It's always Sunny's to watch so got tucked into Bob's Burgers the other week. I didn't make it past the first two episodes last time i tried but loving it this time around. As you say, it's weird. Weird without being zany/random.

Aside, do people still say 'random' nowadays? haven't seen it in a while.

I didn't take to it when it first appeared either but gave it another go recently. Maybe series 1 wasn't that great, but I finished series 3 recently and it's absolute gold. 

I'm pretty sure random has been over since about 2009.