aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

The Trip

Finally got round to seeing this. Steve Coogan is commissioned to write a newspaper article reviewing various restaurants around the North of England. His girlfriend who he was doing it to impress fucks off back to the US so he ropes in Rob Brydon to accompany him. They vary between bickering and getting on, constantly try to outdo each other with impressions etc.

Found it pretty funny overall. Brydon's 'Small Man in a Box' voice thing still amazes me. Coogan seen continually trying to do it in his bathroom at night is pretty amusing.

9/10

I thought The Trip was good, but there was something about it that was a bit off, that I didn't like. Couldn't put my finger on what it was. Maybe reliant too much on the characters to provide the 'comedy' moments, but then I understand that that is exactly what it was about (and correctly should've been).

Who knows? I'm terrible at reviewing things.

They made it into a movie and released it in America. Im not sure if they cut together the episodes to make a movie, or if it's a separate thing altogether.

Still gotta get on that though, I've been meaning to catch up with it foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

They made it into a movie and released it in America. Im not sure if they cut together the episodes to make a movie, or if it's a separate thing altogether.

Still gotta get on that though, I've been meaning to catch up with it foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I believe it is a re-edited variant of the TV series, which is near 3 hours long so either it's an ass-numbing film or they cut out a lot.

I believe it is a re-edited variant of the TV series, which is near 3 hours long so either it's an ass-numbing film or they cut out a lot.

It runs about 1h20. It's actually brilliant. Works really well in the film format. They cut a lot of the really british references but kept all the really funny bits. One of my favorite cinema experiences ever I'd say. Gave me a weird sense of pride hearing American audiences creasing themselves at a really british film. Got good reviews here too.

Last couple of episodes of Breaking Bad have been great.

This little speech from Walt was awesome.

"Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I make a year? Even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A business big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly-up, disappears. It ceases to exist without me! No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

Watched the first two episodes of The Killing this evening and if I wasn't working a massive twelve and a half hour shift tomorrow I'd probably stay up all night watching the rest since it seems fucking great. Also, Sofie Grbl = <3

Also, Sofie Grbl's knitwear = <3

I'm recording the Danish original now it's repeating on BBC4 and will watch it once the US version has finished airing. Really enjoying the US one so far and don't want any potential plot spoilers.

Last couple of episodes of Breaking Bad have been great.

This little speech from Walt was awesome.

"Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I make a year? Even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A business big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly-up, disappears. It ceases to exist without me! No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

I just started watching this. Brilliant so far!

Thanks to a long day of travelling yesterday I watched about the first half of season 1 of The Shield. And today I just had to keep going and finish it off.

Damn it's good. As a pure cop show it's easily the best I've seen. It does a great job of mixing individual story lines which only last for one episode with ongoing arcs throughout the season.

I can't wait to start season 2 now.

There's almost too much awesome tv around.

Last week's breaking bad was amazing. Can't wait to watch the new one tonight.

Is it just me or is the guy that plays Jesse's acting getting better and better and better?

It's not just you, he has been incredible this season. If you've watched the latest episode you'll have seen him take it up another notch. This season has really hit it's stride now, I can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out.

It's not just you, he has been incredible this season. If you've watched the latest episode you'll have seen him take it up another notch. This season has really hit it's stride now, I can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Haven't seen it yet, but it was great last week. Looking forward to watching it tonight or tomorrow. I have no idea what's going on. I'm missing Gus though. We need to see more of him and less of Skylar.

But see the way she was standing when she came home? I thought she was going to ride him again. Tits all pushed out and everything.

Haven't seen it yet, but it was great last week. Looking forward to watching it tonight or tomorrow. I have no idea what's going on. I'm missing Gus though. We need to see more of him and less of Skylar.

But see the way she was standing when she came home? I thought she was going to ride him again. Tits all pushed out and everything.

Holy Jebus. This season seems really slow at parts but it just keeps getting better.

We recently acquired the entire first series of Boardwalk Empire and are now on episode 10.

What an absolutely superb drama! It has many of the characteristics of The Sopranos (mob violence, sex, black humour and humanity), but has it's very much own identity.

It's also given us the best good/bad guy since "The Wire's" Omar Little (in fact, Michael Kenneth Williams plays a recurring character here) in the hideously disfugured Richard Harrow, a veteran WW1 marksman who is both scary sympathetic. His tin mask is far creepier than his half-face injury.

This is a must-see series, the cast is top-drawer (Steve Buscemi brilliant in the lead role), the storylines are compelling and the sets are fantastic.

We recently acquired the entire first series of Boardwalk Empire and are now on episode 10.

What an absolutely superb drama! It has many of the characteristics of The Sopranos (mob violence, sex, black humour and humanity), but has it's very much own identity.

It's also given us the best good/bad guy since "The Wire's" Omar Little (in fact, Michael Kenneth Williams plays a recurring character here) in the hideously disfugured Richard Harrow, a veteran WW1 marksman who is both scary sympathetic. His tin mask is far creepier than his half-face injury.

This is a must-see series, the cast is top-drawer (Steve Buscemi brilliant in the lead role), the storylines are compelling and the sets are fantastic.

Totally agree. Great TV.

Anyone watched Ugly Americans? I dunno if it is actually an Adult-Swim cartoon, but it's that sort of style. It's absolutely mental. You should watch it if you like cartoons and fun. It's so good that they've made a game of it on Xbox Marketplace. It's a fun "shoot everything you see because you have unlimited ammo" sort of jaunt.

Good show.