aberdeen-music

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

DJ Jo-D

• 3 weeks later...
Are you struggling to believe that it's not butter?

Ha ha sure am....

notbutterwhatnotbutter.jpg

I got some beef olives filled with haggis from J&J butcher at the green, they were so tasty, just slow cooked with in red wine and beef stock with carrots, neeps and onions, served with chive mash and extra veg.....so good n tender highly recommend!

I got some beef olives filled with haggis from J&J butcher at the green, they were so tasty, just slow cooked with in red wine and beef stock with carrots, neeps and onions, served with chive mash and extra veg.....so good n tender highly recommend!

Hmm, that's a good idea. I always just stick beef olives in the oven and they come out tough and a bit boring. Going to try them this way next time.

Hmm, that's a good idea. I always just stick beef olives in the oven and they come out tough and a bit boring. Going to try them this way next time.

I browned them off on all sides first, took about 1.5hrs but ended up waiting for the veg to cook, woulda been ready in shorter time if I had par-boiled the veg first (gotta be soft!).

They cut like butter and melted in the mouht, the haggis ones altho weren't that big were very filling and only needed one, with the tattties n veg.

notbutterwhatnotbutter.jpg

Surely there should be a question mark in that name. Tut tut.

I want you to cook my dinner someday!! That sounds affa rare. :up:

Surely there should be a question mark in that name. Tut tut.

I want you to cook my dinner someday!! That sounds affa rare. :up:

Yeah we had the same discussion regarding the grammar of the name...hmmmm

ha ha we should do a Abdn-music - Come Dine with me lol in theory that would be a good idea, but I would be too scared! ha ha funny trying to guess who's menu it is!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

made beef and chorizo spicy burgers last week, well tasty - added garlic, onion, peppers, egg, black pepper, chillies and Worchester sauce

Only used half a thing of beef mince so used the rest to make meatbas with a spicy tomato sauce sprinled with dark chocolate...nom!

Keep forgetting about this thread, glad to see it resurface again!

I cooked steaks on Sunday and finally managed to not only get both cooked almost perfectly (mine medium, the other one medium well) but I finally nailed the port sauce I keep trying to make. Previously I've tried to do the sauce at the same time as finishing everything else off and it just ends up reducing too much or splitting after I add the butter. The other night I set everything else aside in a warm place once it was ready then quickly gave the sauce my full attention. It was perfect. Steak heaven.

My other recent foodie breakthrough was making the switch from table salt to ground sea salt. Much better flavour! Didn't think I'd taste much difference but after doing a side by side taste test of both salts there's a huge difference between them.

Keep forgetting about this thread, glad to see it resurface again!

My other recent foodie breakthrough was making the switch from table salt to ground sea salt. Much better flavour! Didn't think I'd taste much difference but after doing a side by side taste test of both salts there's a huge difference between them.

No salt?

Sounds good though. This thread really needs more pictures...

I shall try and remember to take some shots next time!

I have cut right back on salt over last 2 yrs when I found I had mildly high cholesterol and it ran in the family, and with the chorizo and spices I didn't find it needed any.

I right love sandwiches, me. Especially ones that involve crisps. A Ploughmans multiplies in betterness when you add wotsits.

Egg mayo and salt and vinegar are a good combo!

I have cut right back on salt over last 2 yrs when I found I had mildly high cholesterol and it ran in the family, and with the chorizo and spices I didn't find it needed any.

That's fair enough with the chorizo. I always find seasoning the burgers a bit of a minefield. You can't taste it (unless using REALLY well sourced mince) before you cook it so until you're experienced enough to judge the seasoning you're throwing in you always risk biting into a pretty bland burger once it's cooked.

There's a big difference between high levels of salt used in processed food and the salt levels used in seasoning home cooking. You should be able to cut your salt intake for health reasons and still enjoy properly seasoned good eats at home. I think sea salt is better for you than table salt as well (not as processed, less sodium or something).

Only 20% of your daily salt intake is from home cooking or table seasoning according to the blood pressure association:

Blood Pressure : Lower blood pressure by eating less salt

Yeah we had the same discussion regarding the grammar of the name...hmmmm

ha ha we should do a Abdn-music - Come Dine with me lol in theory that would be a good idea, but I would be too scared! ha ha funny trying to guess who's menu it is!

So what would be on your Come Dine With Me menu then?

I think mine would be:

Sweet potato and red onion soup.

Chicken & white wine risotto.

Blueberry cheesecake with ice cream (I'm not very good at desserts)

:popcorn:

So what would be on your Come Dine With Me menu then?

I think mine would be:

Sweet potato and red onion soup.

Chicken & white wine risotto.

Blueberry cheesecake with ice cream (I'm not very good at desserts)

:popcorn:

Hmmm thats a toughy, I don't cook much starters and puddings but it I had to choose my fave's (altho they don't really go together and prob wouldn't do that for come dine with me) would be:

Courgette and Brie Soup

Shredded Chicken with egg fried rice and noodles

Pineapple, Yoghurt and honey eton mess

Finished of with Arabian Mocha Coffee and homemade Carrot cake (which is a new recipe but OMG so fine!!)