aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The unclear laws of reciting a mobile phone number when taking a message or whatever. I don't see how it should change from a landline. Bank of 5 for the code, bank of 6 for the rest of the number, instead of breaking it up into stupid uneccesary blocks like 077 001 234 56. No! I don't like that. I like consistency. Do it right. My way. My way is right.

Guest idol_wild
The unclear laws of reciting a mobile phone number when taking a message or whatever. I don't see how it should change from a landline. Bank of 5 for the code, bank of 6 for the rest of the number, instead of breaking it up into stupid uneccesary blocks like 077 001 234 56. No! I don't like that. I like consistency. Do it right. My way. My way is right.

I do it your way. Your way is right.

Originally being from Aberdeen, I had the same approach to landline numbers too. Bank of five, then bank of six. In Edinburgh, it's a bank of four, a bank of three, then a bank of four. Fuck you, Edinburgh. Your landline numbering system is fucking hoop.

I do it your way. Your way is right.

Originally being from Aberdeen, I had the same approach to landline numbers too. Bank of five, then bank of six. In Edinburgh, it's a bank of four, a bank of three, then a bank of four. Fuck you, Edinburgh. Your landline numbering system is fucking hoop.

Is the first number of the bank of 3 always the same number though? In Leeds, the code is 0113, but all 0113 numbers are always followed by 2, but for some reason, isn't part of the area code. It complicates the rule. The rule that I made.

Just looked at myself in the mirror: I look gaunt. Writing my dissertation and finding it really, really hard. Basically, i havn't found a fucking thing so I'm trying to doctor it so it looks like I have. My discussion is fucking ridiculous. "An interpretation of the glacial geomorphology of Glen Banchor, Upper Speyside, following the the last glacial maximum of the Devensian period" was a bad fucking choice. I could have just written about the reasons why tourists go to the Lake District or the cod wars. Other people have and they are finished. Cunts.

xxxxx xxxxxx -> the only way unless I'm phoning a phone in Banchory from my parents house in which case it is xxx xxx. Our home phone number was 823 823 = excellent phone number.

bye.

EDIT: I just came across this sentence:

"The large quantity of eskers in this location suggests a large amount of melt-water from a receding glacier that deposited a large amount of sediment throughout various periods."

I could be in trouble...

Just looked at myself in the mirror: I look gaunt. Writing my dissertation and finding it really, really hard. Basically, i havn't found a fucking thing so I'm trying to doctor it so it looks like I have. My discussion is fucking ridiculous. "An interpretation of the glacial geomorphology of Glen Banchor, Upper Speyside, following the the last glacial maximum of the Devensian period" was a bad fucking choice. I could have just written about the reasons why tourists go to the Lake District or the cod wars. Other people have and they are finished. Cunts.

xxxxx xxxxxx -> the only way unless I'm phoning a phone in Banchory from my parents house in which case it is xxx xxx. Our home phone number was 823 823 = excellent phone number.

bye.

Off to let your ma have some heavy breathing.

I'm glad I'm not alone in this quandry. It's bugged me for years, ever since I've worked in admin jobs and had to take messages and experience all the weird ways of breaking up a mobile phone number to make it easier to digest.

Then there's the people who read their number one digit at a time. They shouldn't even be allowed to use a phone. When they touch a phone, it should be like in the film Blade, where when someone who isn't Wesley Snipes touches the sword, it sets off a trigger and cuts their hand to bits. Their handset should just explode next to their ear, and take their head off. That will teach them not to waste my time.

bye.

EDIT: I just came across this sentence:

"The large quantity of eskers in this location suggests a large amount of melt-water from a receding glacier that deposited a large amount of sediment throughout various periods."

I could be in trouble...

Formation of a corrie*, abrasion, plucking, arte, pyramidal peak, ox-bow lake. Terminal moraine. Turks in Germany. Done.

*I don't mean Mr and Mrs Browne or Mr and Mrs Williamson shagging.

Folk who think it's acceptable to block aisles in supermarkets so they can yap with a random or someone they haven't seen in ages. Why is it so difficult to move their fucking trolleys to the side and let folk past? Either that or they glare at you as you try to see the shelf they're standing in front of, as if it's going to make you apologise for wanting a certain item.

It's usually fat women in Asda, old people in Sainsburys or folk with thousands of kids running loose in Tesco.

Another pet hate, folk who take their kids shopping and don't keep the little fuckers under control. Granted there is the other end of the scale with mothers who haven't a clue and just make a fist at their child. I hate people :up: