aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Yes.

I hate that too. I once worked with a guy who kept saying things like "next year I'm gonna do South America", or 'yeh, I did South-East Asia a few years ago". As if 'do' means 'travel to', or 'visit.'

I've never been so annoyed by the use of a single word. He just wanted to give the impression that he was some kind of seasoned traveller to be respected and that the world is just one big check-list of countries for him to visit and tick off.

Grow up and get a fuckin proper job you spoon!

Travelling is all well and good but there is nothing worse than people who go on about it. No-one wants to hear your shitty anecdotes about meeting equally pompous hippy wannabes on a beach in Thailand. Go, come back and keep it to yourself.

Ha ha that guy sounds so annoying, totally know what you mean.

I'm going there too, after a trip to South America (Chile, Peru) in the summer. Won't be my first time, but all the rest of my friends are going to the western Pacific isles, but I've done those already.

Yeah man, that's great man. As I said, it's the folk that don't stop going on about all the countries they've been to and how worldly it makes them etc. Like was mentioned earlier, the checklist mentality. Goodness, I was rambling round the Balkans only 5 months ago. Which reminds me, go to Bosnia and Hercegovina; it's amazing. Ha ha, I've become my own pet hate.

The other thing that annoys me is people who walk around taking photos of things without appreciating them. They don't even look at them with their own eyes or linger for any amount of time what-so-ever; they just take a photo and walk off. They then go home with hundreds of photos they don't even remember taking and you say "what's that then, that's wonderful" and they don't even ken fit it is!

Yeah man, that's great man. As I said, it's the folk that don't stop going on about all the countries they've been to and how worldly it makes them etc. Like was mentioned earlier, the checklist mentality. Goodness, I was rambling round the Balkans only 5 months ago. Which reminds me, go to Bosnia and Hercegovina; it's amazing. Ha ha, I've become my own pet hate.

Hey, I was being ironic.

You're a tool for not seeing that. Well done. :up:

The recent Australian skills shortage, in addition to low house prices and excellent weather has attracted a massive increase in emigration from Scotland.

Ace! I know a guy who can get me a job out there...

... pity I'd be stuck watching fucking Bryan Gilfillan again :swearing:

It's an amazing place.

I've been 5 times now and am going back next month.

I've never seen one spider.......

It is an awesome place. Wish i could afford a plane ticket back there :(

I've been in two very uncomfortable circumstances that involved red-backs. Both very close calls. If one had gone the way of the pear i wouldn't be typing this today :(

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
See what you did there.

Only the thing with town is, we dont all have the same accent.

And not all tcheuchters speak the same either, or doric speakers for that.

Take a guy from Fraserburgh, one from Peterhead, and one from lets say New Deer (like me). All three will have very different accents, and different takes on doric.

A lot of toonsers speak doric too - just a different form to us tcheuchters.

I hate it when people do really forced faux-Doric, when they don't suit it at all. Especially if they have a thick London accent like one of my colleagues who is guilty of this.

Christ, I used to know an English guy that used to talk normally and then add in random doric words in his English accent. Used to sound fucking stupid, and made me cringe every time.

I didn't mean you actually, it was just an example. I was brought up all round Scotland and don't have a particularly strong accent from anywhere.

I have lots of friends who don't have an accent that can be pinpointed to a particular place, but they still sound Scottish. It's just the English/American style accent that does my head in that's all.

I have lots of friends who don't have an accent that can be pinpointed to a particular place, but they still sound Scottish. It's just the English/American style accent that does my head in that's all.

Yeah, I grew up in Banchory. Mine isn't bad but there is a propensity to speak with an american accent there. I just think I sound like a generic scot.

Why's it so bad? There are a lot of English people and American people in Scotland, particularly in Aberdeen in the case of the latter. What you said was a bit sensationalist and xenophobic in my opinion, but if you could explain it a bit better it may not come across that way (which i'm sure it wasn't meant to).