aberdeen-music

Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Excellent, think I will be heading along.

Any idea of stage times as don't want to miss anyone.

Cheers

Good good! Will see you there!! :)

Stage times:

First band will hit the stage at 8.30pm, with the last band finishing at midnight. Roddy will be DJing at all times in between and till 1am!

We haven't picked the running order yet (it's out of the hat), and actual running order won't be released to the public (in a bold attempt to keep everyone there ALL night....)

Cheers :up:

Guest idol_wild
Good good! Will see you there!! :)We haven't picked the running order yet (it's out of the hat), and actual running order won't be released to the public (in a bold attempt to keep everyone there ALL night....)

Poor decision, dude. It's everyone's right to come and go however they like. I'm not coming now because I don't know what time the two bands I want to support are on at.

:moody:

(kidding)

Guest idol_wild
You're just sulking because you clashed with Scotland twice in a week....

See you tonight ;)

No sulking from me. The less people that see me, the better :up:

not trying to be picky but the hyper link still says "Guest DJ, ex-Idlewild frontman Roddy Woomble joins four live bands at the latest..."

You're right, I don't have access to that bit at the mo and the guy who does isn't online just now.

Feel free to pick away by the way, helps us make the site better *awaits deluge of complaints*

I see what happened now though, ex-Pavements and ex-Idlewilds got mixed up somewhere along the line

Sorry for the thread hijack, so back on topic, yeah everyone go to

Exposure at The Lemon Tree

:up:

You heard the dude! Everyone go to Lemon Tree tonight :)

According the Evening Express (everyone's favourite paper on this site ;) ) it was number 2 in the top 10 things to do this weekend in the What's On supplement (I've forgotten what was number 1 - insignificant I'm sure...)

Guest idol_wild
Anyone want something a bit different from Mr Woomble and co, head along to Snafu for 7pm for a mux night of electro-pop, biffy clyro's sister and emo rock.

Soft Toy Emergency

11:11

Farewell Singapore

7pm

sorry calum

Dude...poor form. You have a thread already.

I was swaying and considering catching bits of both these gigs. I think I'll just stick to Lemon Tree now.

I seem to remember a bit of a Glasvegas debate going on at the time of the Alan McGee clubnight on this thread. If you want to see what I'd look like if I was to join Glasvegas go to today's section of the What's On.

Fuck knows where that hair-do came from!

Number 1 thing to do this weekend is apparently the Underkills @ New Deer Public Hall. Must be a really shit weekend ahead of us ;)

Guest idol_wild
Can you pay at the door for this? Is there a completely unnecessary surcharge on top of the fiver for doing so?

This is a valid point actually...

5 on the door. And yes I think they do put that 10% booking fee on the door as well. It's out of my hands. I was a little taken aback when my mate told me he paid 5.50 to get in to one of the previous ones. I thought the 10% booking fee was just that, a booking fee. But fuck knows - take it up with Aberdeen Box Office/Aberdeen Performing Arts. :)

5 on the door. And yes I think they do put that 10% booking fee on the door as well. It's out of my hands. I was a little taken aback when my mate told me he paid 5.50 to get in to one of the previous ones. I thought the 10% booking fee was just that, a booking fee. But fuck knows - take it up with Aberdeen Box Office/Aberdeen Performing Arts. :)

The Lemon Tree do that all the time. It was particularly annoying at The Fall gig that ended after 25 mins when the ticket price was 20 quid or summat.

50p isn't painful although still a rip off.

I am assuming that Sons Of The Soil are not linked to the band of the same name who did an album with Calvin Johnson?

The Lemon Tree do that all the time. It was particularly annoying at The Fall gig that ended after 25 mins when the ticket price was 20 quid or summat.

50p isn't painful although still a rip off.

I am assuming that Sons Of The Soil are not linked to the band of the same name who did an album with Calvin Johnson?

Eh - the real answer is I don't know, but on a quick googly type search, it doesn't appear so.

This band is called Sons o' the Soil (i.e not of) - I'm almost certain they are two entirely different bands. These guys are a 7/8/9 (depending what link you read) piece celtic folk/rock band, with an album called Send In the Clowns which is very very good. :)