aberdeen-music

Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Quite a late starting gig, most gigs i go to are over by about 11pm

Lemon Tree has a theatre production upstairs finishing at 9pm, so we have to move things a little later...

And from the past few months, barely anyone has turned up before 8.30 anyway, so opening up any earlier is a bit pointless.

Dont suppose theres a podcast on this gig?!!

Gutted that i`m not a better swimmer, or i`d be there!

Unfortunately not. I'll record it on my phone for you if you like though? Or 30 seconds of it, which is about all my phone can cope with.

Anybody caught in 2 minds about where to go tonight should put this right up at the top of the list. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a special gig!

Free Korps upcoming shows...

Fri 5th June at 9.00pm @ The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen

DO IT! DJs + I | R | L + Free Korps + Marionettes + Cast of the Capital

BOX OFFICE : Productions : Exposure@Lemon Tree

Wed 26th June at 7.30pm @ Moshulu, Aberdeen.

(with The Debuts & The Underkills)

TicketWeb

Fri 28th June at 7:30pm @ The Flying Duck, Glasgow

Anybody caught in 2 minds about where to go tonight should put this right up at the top of the list. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a special gig!

Apart from Brokencyde of course. Not even we can beat that... ;)

Superb gig last night. Great night all round. All bands were on top form, and seemed a good mix of bands, and the crowd seemed to be into all the bands.

That was what it was all about - the whole reason I started the clubnight in the first place. Bit of a mixed crowd, but everyone seeming to be into all the bands.

180+ through the door, which I was well impressed with with everything else that was going on last night. Hopefully The Little Kicks got a similar crowd too, which would have totally rammed The Tunnels.

IRL are fucking great - my favourite band at the moment.

First time I'd seen Free Korps, and I was impressed. IRL and Free Korps should tour together, they compliment each other well.

Marionettes - great way for Andrew to sign off before he heads to Glasgow. The usual high energy, fast-paced indie music. A nice moment when the entire Lemon Tree gave Andrew a rousing cheer. :) I'm sure I saw a wee tear in his eye...

Cast of the Capital - again, the usual from them. Great songs. Not the sort of thing I'd usually be into, but it just seems to grab me everytime I hear it. Delighted that they've got invited to play Rock Ness. I might still get myself a ticket and go see them...

That was my last ever Exposure @ Lemon Tree, and I'm delighted I signed off with a great all local line up. Aaron from Avoid the Morning takes over as of now. Not sure if there will be more Exposure nights after The Gap Year Riot et al in July, but hopefully Aaron will carry it on, and it will build a good name for itself and continue to give local bands the chance to play nights like last night.

Thanks to everyone who's played at or supported the night. It's been fun :)

Yep, last night sure was grand,

It was important to us that we played well and the crowd enjoyed our set with it being our final time on stage together as the original Marionettes, and I'm thrilled Andy got the send off he deserves.

Cast of the Capital (as I have said before) are easily one of the most talented bands in the country and most definitely merit their respective places at GoNorth and Rockness. When I hear bands such as COTC, Copy Haho and Jocasta Sleeps, for me it really pin-points the direction in which Scottish indie music is heading and it is certainly not a bad thing.