aberdeen-music

Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Never seen hip-hop acts live apart from Cypress Hill. Granted you can't get much better but this seems like fun and I may try and get up from Glasgow for it.

Their Skull & Bones tour was the first gig I ever went to, and still one of the very best I have ever seen. Supported by a then little known crew known as Dilated Peoples. For qb-C a love of all things hip-hop was born that day!

Oh, and bump, bump, BUMP!

Every act on the bill is of a really high calibre (as per, Calum!) and will definitely open your eyes to a whole scene of music in Aberdeen that can find it hard to get itself heard.

None come heavier than the Throne! Droppin dub beat and heavy bass to get the feet movin.

kUDAlites is like A Tribe Called Quest mixed with Little Brother/Justice League/Foreign Exchange - very smooth production with slick rhymes

Az-I Cool is a Franco-Scots collective blending an old skool ethos with more modern production. Expect boom-bap beats, turntablism and a unique vocal style

Shy & DRS are the definition of Grantie City hip-hop and have rightly been signed and given the chance to have the city's sound heard far and wide.

And Dan Le Sac as a DJ on the night? You'll feel like a guest at the ambassdor's reception with ferrero rocher in your mouth.

5(+bf) for a ticket? Bargain of the year.

Like he says. This will be very very GOOD!

Tickets are on the move, get your ass to Aberdeen Box Office and buy yours now (or later if you prefer) :)

Since adding the booking fee on the door pisses people off why dont you just add it within the price of the ticket?

Is it any difference going to the cinema, looking at the prices, seeing its 6 then getting asked for 7.50?

:popcorn:

Not sure if any other places charge a booking fee when paying at the door?

Since adding the booking fee on the door pisses people off why dont you just add it within the price of the ticket?

Is it any difference going to the cinema, looking at the prices, seeing its 6 then getting asked for 7.50?

:popcorn:

Not sure if any other places charge a booking fee when paying at the door?

It's nothing to do with me - speak to the APA folks...

Boom-bump ba-boom-boom-BUMP!

This is going to be a really good night of music, different from what you might've come to expect from a hip-hop show and definitely not what you get at most gigs in this city.

5.50 for one of the UK's hottest DJs, a heavier-than-is-medically-good-for-you local DJ plus three top local acts is an absolute steal.

This just gets better. Included in your already cheap 5.50 ticket price, you can get free entry to the afterparty at Snafu (with your Lemon Tree ticket stub)... with none other than your favourite local DJ Giles Walker spinning the tunes.

:up:

So for the price of a couple of pints of lager we're giving you:

Dan Le Sac full on 2 hour DJ set.

Live sets from

Shy & DRS

Az-I Cool

kUDAlites

DJ set from Massive Throne

and a couple of hours of Giles Walker spinning what's hot at Snafu.

Brilliant :)

This just gets better. Included in your already cheap 5.50 ticket price, you can get free entry to the afterparty at Snafu (with your Lemon Tree ticket stub)... with none other than your favourite local DJ Giles Walker spinning the tunes.

:up:

So for the price of a couple of pints of lager we're giving you:

Dan Le Sac full on 2 hour DJ set.

Live sets from

Shy & DRS

Az-I Cool

kUDAlites

DJ set from Massive Throne

and a couple of hours of Giles Walker spinning what's hot at Snafu.

Brilliant :)

Thats actually amazing, I'm gonna come for sure if it means free snafu entry!!

Excellent post on The Kiosque!

Just so you know for next time, Az-I Cool and kUDAlites are regulars at Funk Machine nights in Tunnels2, and Shy & DRS have been guests too. Collectively we are working together to come up with something fun, unique and true to Aberdeen. I think there's alot of folk out there who think "Hip-hop? Aberdeen? Pah, nivir!" - come along this Friday (and Tunnels2 next Friday!) and see what we're all about.

On the final push stretch....

I think what he's trying to say is, if you come to the Lemon Tree tomorrow, he'll make love to you, or something.

That's an offer you can't refuse.