aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

• 3 weeks later...

Saying it now,  Don't like Jacksonville's pick.

I hate teams plans when they get the QB first then build a team around him.  Rarely works as he needs a line to protect him whilst he holds the ball too long and he needs weapons to look effective or the pressure from outside will crush his confidence.

Sammy Watkins, 2 of the top 3 tackles still there and Khalil Mack.  All better picks I think.

Buffalo went a bit nuts for Watkins, 2 1's and a 4.  He could be great though.  I never like trades that give away future 1's though.

It was easy to get swept away in the analyst hype machine. Gruden banging on about manziel every 2 minutes. Then when it comes down to it, you realise that these are serious professional organizations not some fantasy league and the QB position isnt the be all and end all. I love the look of the Lions offense with Ebron in there at tight end. Stafford could have a career year with the options he has now.

Im just glad my boi Ha Ha got drafted first round.

Is there anything interesting going on in the later rounds? I only watched up untill about pick 30 when I started not knowing any of the names.

It was easy to get swept away in the analyst hype machine. Gruden banging on about manziel every 2 minutes. Then when it comes down to it, you realise that these are serious professional organizations not some fantasy league and the QB position isnt the be all and end all. I love the look of the Lions offense with Ebron in there at tight end. Stafford could have a career year with the options he has now.

Im just glad my boi Ha Ha got drafted first round.

Is there anything interesting going on in the later rounds? I only watched up untill about pick 30 when I started not knowing any of the names.

I think the Browns played the draft really well.  Raiders had a top 2 pick fall into their lap at 5 and actually managed to pick it rather than taking the fastest WR or something stupid like that.

Round 2 is always good as there are a lot of names in there as well.

Later rounds your more looking out for a big name that maybe missed most of this year, or the whole year or something like that.

49ers last year picked up Marcus Lattimore and Tank Carridene in round 2/3 I think.  Both top talents that missed serious time in their final college years.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really don't enjoy pre season games.  It's like one drive of your actual team then just a training session with pads.

Game 3 of the preseason you might get a half out of your starters.  Can't wait for the season to start, I've a feeling this might be Kap's breakout season throwing the ball and running with the WRs we have this year.

Pre-season games aren't really proper games so much as just a chance to see individuals. I'm confident of a decent but uninspiring season from the Jets. Our secondary still looks shaky.

Trying to think of some of the top 'story lines' this coming season

- The new-look Jets and the QB battle between Geno and Vick

- Manziel obviously

- Peyton's final hurrah

- The Lions being potentially unstoppable

- Clowney being the best pass rusher the league has ever seen (and probably useless dropping deep)

Any newcomers on here gonna be following the season?

I hope 

Clowney will be useless in coverage, dude is a freak from the line after the snap.  He is so tight hipped running though I doubt he'll ever turn round to find the ball.  Him and Watt will still probably be the Texans only positives this season,

I think seeing how New England do is going to be interesting.  Do they have any wide receivers?  Does that even matter?

The NFC West as a whole is going to be fun to watch.  49ers and Seahawks are still probably the best all round teams in the NFL, Cardinals coming off of a 10 win season and the Rams who had ludicrous number of good draft picks thanks to Washington.

Watched Cleveland @ Washington last night. Pretty uninspiring.

I fear for RGIII, he looked the shadow of the player he was in his rookie season. He looks scared. Did his knee in a bit and sat out most the game. Their backup QBs are rank rotten so I foresee a difficult season for the Redskins.

Manziel didn't do much right, neither did he look terrible. I think these pre-season games have been a good learning experience for him. He doesn't quite look as invincible against seasoned pros but you can tell he has a bit of magic to him and I can see him having a bit of an up and down season with a lot of interceptions/fumbles mixed with some clutch plays. He does have those famous 'intangibles' that will see him through the season I think.

Bright spot was Cleveland's D. Their short yardage and red zone defence was great although it made for a pretty boring game in terms of action.

I mean, he made some good plays but he's clearly not on the RGIII franchise QB level. There's no assertiveness about him. They turned the ball over so many times and I think he was to blame for each and every one.

That's a shame he looked ok as a Rookie.  I think it's hard for anyone to shine on that Washington team though.

Until Snyder gives up playing moneyball and builds a young team through the draft with a few good editions they will forever be stuck giving big money to the best free agent who is never as good when he gets there.

Not sure that DJax will be a failure but when they've done that in previous years it hasn't worked.

• 2 weeks later...

The Pack got fucking bodied.

Analysts were making the Pack a consensus top 6 team.  If that what the Seahawks do to a top team the NFL should be afraid.

Really though I don't think the Pack are all that.  Their entire team relies on Rodgers playing well.  They don't play solid defense, they cant defend the run and if Rodgers doesn't make himself a threat then their run game isn't anything special.  They'll make playoffs but they're not likely to win the superbowl.

Seahawks looked mighty on defense.  Scary for the NFC.

They're pretty popular champions.  They've never won a Superbowl before so people are usually quite happy for those teams.

A lot of the rest of the NFL dislike their fans for the whole "12th man" thing and with all successful teams their fans only really started showing up on places like /r/NFL and social media after they got good.

They have some great players though and I'd like them more than I already do because they play great defense but they are the rivals of my 49ers.