aberdeen-music

Happy thread

Cloud

Seeing as there's a rant thread, why not a thread for good things that's been happening? Much better than all this bitter nonsense going on here :)

I've just moved to Poland on a gap year from uni, to teach Business English to people learning the language. Easy money, good beer and good environment...so I'm happy :up:

I'm only three hours from Berlin/Warsaw/Gdansk/Wrocław too, so...couldn't be happier :)

I've actually never been to Elgin before, at least I don't think so. So I'm looking forward to it.

You never even driven through it to get to Inverness?

Are you staying in a B&B? I was at a wedding there last year and stayed in a terrible one. Ran by an evil old hag who ordered us not to return from the wedding drunk, took a full bottle of diet coke out of a room in case we spilled it and then served up the worst cooked breakfast I've ever had.

You never even driven through it to get to Inverness?

Oh, most probably. That's not really visiting it though.

Are you staying in a B&B? I was at a wedding there last year and stayed in a terrible one. Ran by an evil old hag who ordered us not to return from the wedding drunk, took a full bottle of diet coke out of a room in case we spilled it and then served up the worst cooked breakfast I've ever had.

On the recommendation from a native, I'm staying here:

The Mansefield Hotel - Elgin, Scotland - Welcome

I was at a wedding there last year and stayed in a terrible one. Ran by an evil old hag who ordered us not to return from the wedding drunk, took a full bottle of diet coke out of a room in case we spilled it and then served up the worst cooked breakfast I've ever had.

Have you got an address for the place?

My asshole bro-in-law is coming over from Dubai to stay for a month, I'd like to recommend it to him.

On the recommendation from a native, I'm staying here:

The Mansefield Hotel - Elgin, Scotland - Welcome

Well that certainly looks much more plush than the place we stayed. Probably costs a lot more as well though.

Just remembered something else about one of the rooms at the place we were at. It was "en suite" but all they'd done is plonk a shower cabinet in the middle of the room. Looked so dodgy, reminiscent of the "sunken bath" and the shower in the famous old fudge flat bathroom.

What a shit topic. "Look at me, I moved to Poland. I'm teaching foreigners business."

Almost as bad as the "Did anyone see me..." thread.

I'd say I'm happy that Cloud moved to Poland, but moving to Essex didn't stop him from rambling pish all over the boards.

shut up you miserable dong. Even if it is "self indulgent", at least it is a positive story "kick start"....I;ll come round to your house and challenge you to a stone throwing contest...remember, I'll kick yer airse min.

me, I got internet connected to my house last week (after 5 weeks of waiting)

on the other hand...my enter Key has died on my laptop - like seriously stopped working. Any tips? (I'd taken the "key" off and gave it a clean, but nothing seems to work). It's a dell 9400 laptop. I am currently "cutting and pasting" RETURNS... fun fun fun!

It's a sunny day and I'm off work, always a winner. Although obviously I'm not making the most of it if I'm sitting on a computer :p

Meeting a buddy for coffee who I've not seen in ages in a wee while, then dinner with another friend then over to my boyfriends to watch cheesy horror films, good times.

And one of my best friends is coming back from America on Sunday.