aberdeen-music

Drummonds Closing?

sexytunk

I have heard a few rumours that Drummonds is closing it's doors to live music, anyone heard anything similar?

Apparently Eric is closing shop as he has taken over the old Esko bar and is turning it into a touring DJ venue. Loosing Drummonds would be a massive, MASSIVE loss to the Aberdeen music scene, I really hope the rumours ain't true!

where is/was esko bar again?

Bridge Street.

Drummonds stopped doing live music once before. Life carried on, people made do, gigs happened elsewhere.

If this is true, and I'm inclined not to believe scurrilous internet rumour (the one about it becoming Tunnels 3 has certainly been discounted here before I think), then it's just one of those things. While Drummonds is great and Eric has done a sterling job, we're in a much better state to cope without Drummonds than we were last time it stopped gigs.

Mind you I'm not sure why they would stop live music, it's always heaving at the weekends and even weeknights seem to be pretty busy (late licence and it's proximity to Union Street probably help here).

Ooh, you sound like you know. Do you know? What do you know? Tell us what you know...

What he said.

I should have said I'm inclined not to believe scurrilous internet rumour while it only comes from people with no connections to the thing being rumoured.

As much as I like Drummonds, it's not a perfect venue by a long shot... it really needs to get some air con. I've walked out on numerous occasions because I've been on the verge of fainting.

Apparently they cant leave the windows/doors open whilst bands are playing due to the noise.

That's true, it gets hotter than hell in there during a busy gig. AKA Ska on halloween last year was unbelievable, I couldn't stay iinside for more than 5 mnutes at a time.

Ooh, you sound like you know. Do you know? What do you know? Tell us what you know...

I can't stop picturing your head on the body of an excited puppy when I read that.

Tunnels are buying Drummonds, as far as I'm aware the deal is done and the keys should be handed over early September. Eric is buying Esko but has no plans to put on bands.

I thought this was common knowledge but obviously not.

I can't stop picturing your head on the body of an excited puppy when I read that.

Tunnels are buying Drummonds, as far as I'm aware the deal is done and the keys should be handed over early September. Eric is buying Esko but has no plans to put on bands.

I thought this was common knowledge but obviously not.

I thought everyone knew too...