aberdeen-music

Right...Metallica's new album "Death Magnetic"

Hog

That Cyanide track could do with being a bit faster and it'd prolly be pretty good, 'tallica have such a bad habit of sitting back and just grooving. I didnt mind it in the 'hard rock' (load/re-load) days, coz it really suited it, but St. Anger just sounds like thrash being grooved out. Half those songs would be ok with a bit of pruning and an upped tempo (and good guitar/drum sounds, and less rubbiss lyrics), I hope they don't fall into this routine on the new album. Tho now they're rid of Bob Rock, who knows!

Agree with Kernel. Fair enough, its better than St Anger, but whats so special other than that? The fact that it's a song? The end was okay. But the drums sound like a drum machine.

Seriously, all this does is make me think "okay, so they've not gone completely insane and lost it altogether, so why in the fuck did they ever attempt to pass off St Anger as an album?"

EDIT: No, the end ain't that great. This fucking tapping harmony is starting to get on my tits.

It sounds like a band who want to sound like Metallica but haven't really listened to any of the albums.

It's good, certainly a vast improvement on St Anger. But not really a return to form.

Still reserving full judgement until the album's out I guess.

i like that new single, was a bit concerned it was just another hero of the day up til that outro, but unlike teabags, i'm easily bought and the sounds of a solo on a new metallica album swung me. Awesome Sauce.

I just wish they wouldnt let lars in the control room when they're mixing, those snares are too fucking loud! when he goes for a roll it obliterates nearly everything else. Cock.

Oh, and i still think cyanide could be a bit faster. It would sound straight off Ride the Lightning.

Guest treader.
The solo harmony thing at the end sounds like someone that can't do two handed tapping trying it for the first time.

I'd rather hear the new Element 106 material.

yeah. also, the tone on the second guitar doing the harmony is really shit. like 10w beat up amp shit.

I know that this is just not everyone's cup of tea but I really think that no matter how good/average a Metallica song is...it's shit.

From other forums it's split into-

Love the new song...a return to form

or

It's a rehash of riff ideas.

Metallica certainly know how to get people talking.

One of the most common ones is "should be faster"... why? (Cue the Slayer crew) They do whatever they want and have done so since 1991 IMHO