aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

This arrived today. Jesus it's good. Everyone should own a nine of swords pedal. I'm probably going to order all of them.

I agree. I want more. How's this one for you? Is it Muff-style fuzz?

The Hand of God is my favourite fuzz. INSANE. One knob, crushing amounts of fuzz. Sounds like what it would feel like if someone stood on your head.

I really want to start a totally crushing DOOM band so I can use it properly.

I agree. I want more. How's this one for you? Is it Muff-style fuzz?

The Hand of God is my favourite fuzz. INSANE. One knob, crushing amounts of fuzz. Sounds like what it would feel like if someone stood on your head.

I really want to start a totally crushing DOOM band so I can use it properly.

Yeah it's pretty muff like. Does heaps of stuff though. Works quite well with my style of playing. Doesn't do chords to well though once you start turning the terror knob. Chaos mode is just mental.

I too want to start a doom band. I've been listening to sleep all afternoon. Hand of god might be my next purchase, it or the the Tyrant!

FUZZZZZ!!!

• Upvote 1

Tyrant sounds great, though a bit too muffly for me perhaps. I like a grunty fuzz. I bet it could totally wail with a light raspy OD infront of it.

If you want a bash of the Hand of God at any time, give me a shout. It's very responsive. It reacts wildly different with different set ups. It goes absolutely mental if you sit it infront of a buffered pedal. It will just growl, even with no guitar signal going into it. It fucking hates your buffered pedals, and it hates you a little bit as well. You gotta go straight from the guitar, or sit a quiet, friendly true-bypass unit next to it, or it will throw the mother of all tantrums.

High output pickups will make it scream as well. I have to roll off the guitar volume a touch, otherwise it just sticks two fingers up at me, and makes an unholy racket.

It's a right little bastard.

• Upvote 1

No. Nononono. I piss and moan when you make horrible noise. You've rocked some badass doom riffage that I've wanted to expand on and work with but you NEVER FUCKING REMEMBER ANYTHING YOU PLAY. Guitar alzheimer's. Guitalzheimer's. 

xx

For this long term memory condition, fortunately there is a cure:

zoom-h2n.jpg

I use my phone for the most part, but we can be standing there, Phil will have a widdle on his axe, It'll go:

"FUCK THAT WAS AWESOME - play it again so we can record it."

"...play what?"

"THAT! That shit you just played. The widdle diddle bummh do dooo."

"...dafuq?... This?" *some guitar stuff*

"NO. NO I'VE NEVER HEARD WHAT YOU'RE PLAYING BEFORE. JUST STOP IT. I QUIT. I'M GOING HOME."

xx

• Upvote 3

I use my phone for the most part, but we can be standing there, Phil will have a widdle on his axe, It'll go:

"...play what?"

"NO. NO I'VE NEVER HEARD WHAT YOU'RE PLAYING BEFORE. JUST STOP IT. I QUIT. I'M GOING HOME."

xx

Aye but the point is with any of the Handy Recorder type devices (of which the Zoom H2N is merely one), you can just set it up (mains powered via any phone charger made these days) and leave it running the whole session.  I do this then slice and dice the recording at home.  All jams, ideas, "play that again" moments captured.  Also the sound quality is surprisingly good, even when you take into account the fact that that's its purpose.

• Upvote 1

"...play what?"

xx

It is always exactly like this. I know I played something awesome last practice, I couldn't even remember it now if you had a gun to my head :(

Aye but the point is with any of the Handy Recorder type devices (of which the Zoom H2N is merely one), you can just set it up (mains powered via any phone charger made these days) and leave it running the whole session.  I do this then slice and dice the recording at home.  All jams, ideas, "play that again" moments captured.  Also the sound quality is surprisingly good, even when you take into account the fact that that's its purpose.

Does sound like a worthy investment actually. Might have a nose on Thomann and the like and see how much they're going for. Cheers.

xx

Tyrant sounds great, though a bit too muffly for me perhaps. I like a grunty fuzz. I bet it could totally wail with a light raspy OD infront of it.

If you want a bash of the Hand of God at any time, give me a shout. It's very responsive. It reacts wildly different with different set ups. It goes absolutely mental if you sit it infront of a buffered pedal. It will just growl, even with no guitar signal going into it. It fucking hates your buffered pedals, and it hates you a little bit as well. You gotta go straight from the guitar, or sit a quiet, friendly true-bypass unit next to it, or it will throw the mother of all tantrums.

High output pickups will make it scream as well. I have to roll off the guitar volume a touch, otherwise it just sticks two fingers up at me, and makes an unholy racket.

It's a right little bastard.

Cheers for the offer, same with the Twin Earth, we could do a swapsie like you used to do with Sega games.

Seriously considering another one as the are noisy little fun boxes.

The Twin Earth hates pedals in front of it as well. How dare another pedal try and alter the tone. I've got it in a loop with a big muff after it. Tried the muff first and the twin earth threw a spectacular hissy fit because it wasn't first. I've had to take my compressor and delay pedal off my board at the minute till I can work out where I can place them in the chain now. Moody fuzzy bastard.

Fairly happy with the bastard racket it makes when running into another Fuzz/distortion. Toggle the chaos mode and dial the TERROR knob in and it just makes noise with no input required. Horrible, loud filth just resonates from it that changes from just a devastating oscillating drone to sheer noise with the twist of your guitars volume knob.

The build quality is just mental as well, dunno if you've open yours up but the wiring is neat and everything is SOLID.

Jonathon is a true gent as well GBOLATB.

Cheers for the offer, same with the Twin Earth, we could do a swapsie like you used to do with Sega games.

Seriously considering another one as the are noisy little fun boxes.

The Twin Earth hates pedals in front of it as well. How dare another pedal try and alter the tone. I've got it in a loop with a big muff after it. Tried the muff first and the twin earth threw a spectacular hissy fit because it wasn't first. I've had to take my compressor and delay pedal off my board at the minute till I can work out where I can place them in the chain now. Moody fuzzy bastard.

Fairly happy with the bastard racket it makes when running into another Fuzz/distortion. Toggle the chaos mode and dial the TERROR knob in and it just makes noise with no input required. Horrible, loud filth just resonates from it that changes from just a devastating oscillating drone to sheer noise with the twist of your guitars volume knob.

The build quality is just mental as well, dunno if you've open yours up but the wiring is neat and everything is SOLID.

Jonathon is a true gent as well GBOLATB.

I'd probably put compressor/delay in another loop and just live with never having them both on at the same time. Put the Muff after the looper so you can still have compressed/delayed/reverbed fuzz.

New amp. Ashdown Little Bastard 30Watt and 2x12 cab. 

Used it at practise and it managed to keep up - just - but I think that's because the 810 I used wasn't sensitive enough. The 212 is a high sensitivity cab so I reckon this might have even more oomph.

I'd only ever used solid state amps before this guy, but I'm a true tube believer now.

xx

DSC_0003_zps57f8747c.jpg