aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

d22957a7-3144-4716-9b0d-9e93b6198e7e_zps

I recently aquired one of these little fellas, its a belter!!. Got speaking to the guy who makes them, non other than Brad Davis, bassist of Fu Manchu!!, he was saying he had modded one for a customer who had failed to buy it, the mod was a second knob on the right hand side ( thats not on this photo ) that basically "turns up the fuzz". If you back it off, and turn up the big knob in the centre( huh huh ) it bascially acts like a distortion, with a hint of fuzz!! COOL STORY DUDE!!!

Dan Armstrong + Fuzzbud + Fender Hotrod Deluxe = Death Machine!!!

Edited by fertuiee
  • Upvote 2

I recently got my hands on one of these:

169927.jpg

It's an MXR Phase 100 which I'm using to spice up my lead lines in Das McManus. It's a great phaser, pretty much a Phase 90 with a rotory switch that changes the depth and range of the phasing. That probably hasn't done the pedal justice, but Andy from Pro Guitar Shop is just the man to show what it can do.

It's all over the forthcoming Das McManus release.

• Upvote 3

Ugh, far too much effects talk in here, spindly, wimpy strings and valvey things.  Grim.

This arrived yesterday.  2007 Gibson Les Paul Double Cut bass.

01_all.jpg05_angle1.jpg

09_back_all.jpg10_side.jpg

Haven't had much of a play with it yet (it needed a good clean, fresh strings, check the setup etc.) but initial sounds are promising.  Looking forward to giving it a good go at next band rehearsal.  Now, please buy my basses which are for sale! ;)

• Upvote 2