aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

For a main present? The money you would spend upgrading it you'd be better off just getting a standard one dude.

Affinty's are coming in at £154 and the standards are £209.

that's the thing. it's being bought for me. so she canna afford the £209 model. I don't mind putting money in to it.

Yes, it's the main present.

to pricey. the affinity is half the price! cheers though!

Flights: I actually love bright sparkling cleans in my music. Also, I like the FEEL of a tele. Love it.

Soda Jerk: Fair shout.

Ross.: Aye, I might do that. I'll see what she says.

Does it have to be a Fender? I got a Wesley thinline tele new a couple of years ago for £129 - it's a great guitar.

Cool looking amp, what cab you using with it?

Funnily enough I didn't check this site all day and arranged the sale via facebook, only to realise it was Sam 45's that he listed here earlier :p So it is staying in the ab-music family!

Cab wise, whatever I can afford. Don't have one at the moment so hopefully someone will buy my Ibanez and let me complete the rig! Planning on getting the AMT SS-30 and tube cake (considered the EHX 22 calibre, but probably way too loud and nowhere hear as flexible as the tube cake with regards to brightness/presence controls) and A/Bing that with the Matamp for a super versatile low watt rig. Need the SS-30 for higher gain, tight stuff. Never played a Matamp but I really don't see it excelling at that! However that's fine as the SS-30 seems perfect from the recordings I have heard of it and the Matamp has it's own separate use. Although this is done using a Matamp Little Rock so lets see what it can do boosted with a 7 string, as heinous as that may be to some people here.....

Bearing that in mind probably a v30 loaded 2x12. At the moment I can only realistically afford a Harley Benton G212. I know, seems a bit weird sticking an amp like that with a cheapo cab but it will do til I can get something better!