aberdeen-music

Joey Barton

Lemonade

Watch this video, what a fucking animal. The guy is on the floor defenceless and he's still laying into him.

Barton incidents I can recall:

1 - Stubbing a cigar out in a team-mate James Tandy's eye at the Man City Xmas night out.

2 - Spits in the face of a 15 year old Everton fan while on tour of Thailand with Man City.

3 - Assualts team mate Richard Dunne on same tour of Thailand, allegedly hits him with a golf club, and threatens another player with golf club.

4 - headbutts and knocks teammate Ousmane Dabo unconcious on the training ground. Punches him while he's unconscious. Causes this. chris_neil185x185_196513a.jpg

5 - Batters a guy outside McDonalds on a night out. Again punching the guy while he's on the ground unconscious. BBC NEWS | England | Barton is sentenced for assault

He just sounds like an absolute scumbag. Terrible role model.

The guy is a total headcase but maybe Dabo provoked him? Do we all think Zidane is a mindless thug as well?

i don't think you can compare one headbutt at the end of a career to a long list of assaults can you? but i do think all assaults should be prosecuted and that would include zidanes headbutt, so yes i do think he's a thug though not a mindless one.

i don't think you can compare one headbutt at the end of a career to a long list of assaults can you? but i do think all assaults should be prosecuted and that would include zidanes headbutt, so yes i do think he's a thug though not a mindless one.

That's hardly a long list of assaults is it.

Anyway rather than right him off completely without knowing the guy maybe it's worth seeing what his current stretch inside and the prospect of losing his job has done to him. Maybe he'll grow up a little, remember he's still young (and several of those incidents were quite a few years ago) and he might turn his life around.

He's still a strong defensive midfielder and has a great deal of footballing talent.

There have been many footballers across the years who have done as bad, Duncan Ferguson being a good example and prison sorted him out.

According to the t'internet he's getting out next week. 6 weeks into a 6 month sentence, during which time he's been convicted of another serious assault, and he's getting out quarter of the way through his sentence. Without trying to sound too 'Daily Mail' about it, that's a piss take.

That's hardly a long list of assaults is it.

Anyway rather than right him off completely without knowing the guy maybe it's worth seeing what his current stretch inside and the prospect of losing his job has done to him. Maybe he'll grow up a little, remember he's still young (and several of those incidents were quite a few years ago) and he might turn his life around.

He's still a strong defensive midfielder and has a great deal of footballing talent.

There have been many footballers across the years who have done as bad, Duncan Ferguson being a good example and prison sorted him out.

If internet rumours are true (they rarely are) there have been PLENTY more Barton assaults to team mates and civilians that Man City managed to keep out of the press somehow and Newcastle have had to continue this trend. No evidence of this but it wouldn't suprise me.

His brother is a convicted murderer is he. His family are all scumbags of the highest order according to anyone with anything to say about them and Joey himself clearly has more than a fair share of screws loose.

To compare that to Zidane, a player who apart from portraying arrogance and the odd time when his temper would flare, conducted himself like a footballer should minus 1 incident, where he was clearly provoked by that odious cunt Materazzi is madness. Barton is a coward, a bully and a thick cunt and a supremely over rated footballer. Zidane is a genius with a bit of va va voom.

• 3 weeks later...
If internet rumours are true (they rarely are) there have been PLENTY more Barton assaults to team mates and civilians that Man City managed to keep out of the press somehow and Newcastle have had to continue this trend. No evidence of this but it wouldn't suprise me.

His brother is a convicted murderer is he. His family are all scumbags of the highest order according to anyone with anything to say about them and Joey himself clearly has more than a fair share of screws loose.

To compare that to Zidane, a player who apart from portraying arrogance and the odd time when his temper would flare, conducted himself like a footballer should minus 1 incident, where he was clearly provoked by that odious cunt Materazzi is madness. Barton is a coward, a bully and a thick cunt and a supremely over rated footballer. Zidane is a genius with a bit of va va voom.

barton is a fine player, there is no overratting about him, he got into the english squad through his own fine performances, it definately wasnt because he was mates with any of the squad lol.

Everyone makes mistakes in life, its what you do about those mistakes that makes the person, lets give him time to make up for the wrong he has done. Lets not forget that players fall out all the time and fights happen on and off the pitch constantly, we just dont hear about them all in the press, does no one remember the two newcastle players punching each other a few seasons back, no one wanted them banned for life.

barton is a fine player, there is no overratting about him, he got into the english squad through his own fine performances, it definately wasnt because he was mates with any of the squad lol.

Everyone makes mistakes in life, its what you do about those mistakes that makes the person, lets give him time to make up for the wrong he has done. Lets not forget that players fall out all the time and fights happen on and off the pitch constantly, we just dont hear about them all in the press, does no one remember the two newcastle players punching each other a few seasons back, no one wanted them banned for life.

Barton is a fucking animal with a shocking track record along with his family. As for the punching between two players - these things happen - Barton got hammered, ate a McDee's and beat up an innocent by stander (the clip is on youtube). How many chances does he get? Stubbing his Cigar out in a younger players face...the list is endless, how many mistakes can he make?

He should be banned.

And to compare him to Zidane is probably one of the worst comparisons i have ever read.

does no one remember the two newcastle players punching each other a few seasons back, no one wanted them banned for life.

Not a valid comparison.

I find it absurd that people still defend Barton. I used to defend him, but he keeps on coming out in the press with all this pish about turnng over a new leaf, getting in the England team etc. It's pretty clear that he has anger-management issues....I don't think he should get sacked by Newcastle when he gets released, but I think this should be a final warning...any more trouble and he should be banned from the game for a long time. He's yet another example of footballers, wee Neds with pennies in their pockets, believing their own hype, thinking they're immune to the consequences of their actions. Joey Barton is a disgrace.

Love from christy

Barton is a fucking animal with a shocking track record along with his family. As for the punching between two players - these things happen - Barton got hammered, ate a McDee's and beat up an innocent by stander (the clip is on youtube). How many chances does he get? Stubbing his Cigar out in a younger players face...the list is endless, how many mistakes can he make?

He should be banned.

And to compare him to Zidane is probably one of the worst comparisons i have ever read.

the list is endless? You've named two incidents there, include the one with the dabo boy and thats three, hardly an endless list of criminal incidents. As for his family thats fuck all to do with his record really is it, you dont choose your family.

As i said everyone makes mistakes, sometimes some worse than others. Yes players are suppose to be role models but at the end of the day they are just normal people like everyone else and can suffer from the same problems anyone else can they just happen to be in the spotlight thanks to our ridiculous press we have in this country.

Should gazza have been banned for hitting his wife? Should paul merson have been banned for drugs use and gambling addiction?

Should gazza have been banned for hitting his wife? Should paul merson have been banned for drugs use?

Yes and yes.

Not for life, but they should have been hammered with suspensions.

And Joey Barton's disciplinary track record is awful....he is an absolute thug whose inflated opinion of his own importance means he thinks he can get away with anything. The assault on Dabo, with James Tandy (the cigar), with the young kid on holiday who happened to be an Everton fan, the guy outside McDonalds....mindless.

Love from christy

Yes and yes.

Not for life, but they should have been hammered with suspensions.

so does that mean that anyone caught doing anything wrong ,no matter what profession your in, be banned from doing that for a certain period of time? Or does it just stop at football players? Should an actor be banned from acting for taking heroin, or should an IT worker be suspended for hitting their wife?

And Joey Barton's disciplinary track record is awful....he is an absolute thug whose inflated opinion of his own importance means he thinks he can get away with anything. The assault on Dabo, with James Tandy (the cigar), with the young kid on holiday who happened to be an Everton fan, the guy outside McDonalds....mindless.

Love from christy

do you know him personally? Or is there the possibility that the guy just has some problems in life, like a lot of people can have.

I don't even know why there's even a debate going on here. Barton is a proven career thug and should be treated accordingly.

The fact that he's a talented footballer is absolutely irrelevant. He's got a privileged lifestyle, has earned more money that most will in a lifetime and if he cant handle the responsibility that comes with that, then fuck him.

He's a criminal. The fact that NUFC havent already binned him is a joke. He should be in jail. End of.

As for the arguments about Zidane.....yes, i think he should have been prosecuted. If it had happened in the street, it would be a no-brainer. I'm a massive football fan, but the way that football, and other sports, are treated as special cases where anything goes makes me sick. You can basically act like an animal and but for a few game ban, get away with almost anything. It sends out a horrendous message to kids.

Given that football is our national game, the clubs, FA, media and the police should stop this blatent pandering to the players, and stamp it out whatever the consequences to the players and their employers.

• Upvote 1

Should an actor be banned from acting for taking heroin, or should an IT worker be suspended for hitting their wife?

do you know him personally? Or is there the possibility that the guy just has some problems in life, like a lot of people can have.

Any sportsman who takes drugs (or skips a test, like RF) should be suspended. That's common sense.

Anyone who beats their wifeburd should go to jail, thus rendering a suspension from work pointless.

Show me a person who doesn't have problems in their life. Doesn't make them above the law. Following your train of logic, do we start letting off murderers because they're having some problems at home? Do we fook. Regardless of what had been going on in his little world, there's a much wider world that also exists, one in which people should be allowed to support Everton without being beaten up, in which you should be able to get a burger at midnight without being attacked for no reason. And Dabo was a teammate, FFS!

Love from christy

Any sportsman who takes drugs (or skips a test, like RF) should be suspended. That's common sense.

Anyone who beats their wifeburd should go to jail, thus rendering a suspension from work pointless.

Show me a person who doesn't have problems in their life. Doesn't make them above the law. Following your train of logic, do we start letting off murderers because they're having some problems at home? Do we fook. Regardless of what had been going on in his little world, there's a much wider world that also exists, one in which people should be allowed to support Everton without being beaten up, in which you should be able to get a burger at midnight without being attacked for no reason. And Dabo was a teammate, FFS!

Love from christy

I don't recall anyone saying he should be let off entirely. He should do time certainly, i actually think that a decent stretch would do him good and maybe put things into perspective.

Like you say regardless of what folks do they should all be judged on the crime itself. We've all got mate's who've done bad things, in fact both you and i know someone who's done time and i would certainly never judge him on that itself (Even though he made a few mistakes, he's a nice guy). We all do stupid things, sometimes it takes some people a little longer to realise it, Barton's clearly not matured yet.

Guest idol_wild
im not completely sticking up for him but at the same time i dont see the need to throw him into the gallows ready to be hung like a lot of people seem to think.

He shouldn't be hanged. He should do the same amount of time as anyone else would if they were caught on CCTV punching seven shades of crap out of someone. And battering a colleague until he couldn't see out of one eye properly.

That footage of him almost makes me sick. He's clearly thick as mince too. I once listened to an interview with him on Five Live and I was grimacing at how unintelligent he comes across.

He's an over priviledged thug. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

He's played for England once, and he played shit.

The two Newcastle players having a fall out was a bit of a scrap over two players being hot headed children. Joey Barton beating people up, spitting on teenagers and putting out a lit cigar on someones eye is a bit more than "Everyone makes mistakes"

He's made mistakes and he's been punished with docked wages and suspended from the squad. He's carried on making mistakes and the 'mistakes' have gone beyond forgivable behavior. Kevin Keegan is taking the fucking piss by backing him and Newcastle should be ashamed for carrying on paying his wages. How about he mans the fuck up and makes a public apology for his actions like Zindane or Cantona did? That's how they are both still well respected footballing talents despite very, very questionable behavior (and they were also absolute legends of the game). Barton is just a fucking mindless ned with a temper that makes Wayne Rooney look like Ned Flanders. He's also not a very good player who obviously can't display any kind of composure or control.

Get rid. If he wants a career in football, he should be doing no more than washing the mud off Michael Owen's boots.

Joey Barton went on record saying this today.

"The first day's the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in, hand you your uniform and force you to pose for the photographer while loads of fat, tattooed, skinheads shout abuse at you. That's when you know it's for real. A whole life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it. That's when it hits home. That's when you realise you've signed for Newcastle."