aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Snoozefest. The game didn't come alive until the extra time, I don't know why both teams were so cautious. 4-5-1 in a cup final? Please..... Glad to see Rangers getting beat, my only grumble was not enough shots of their fans sitting in the stand crying at the end. That's always my favourite. Hopefully they'll fuck up the League and the Scottish Cup as well.

Guest idol_wild

Top-flight Scottish football is absolute horse. I think the cup final yesterday added a bit of weight to that view point.

Disgusting is definitely the correct word to describe it.

Spanish football's where its at. I've started watchin the Saturday and Sunday night games while offshore and its been amazing. Most teams best form of defence is attack and it makes for wide open games full of goals! The Madrid derby last week was 1-1 going on 3-5! Barca were irresistible last night as wekk (helped by winning 450 off them), they kept the ball for over 4 mins at one point. I hope they hump one of the English clubs in the CL.

La Liga >>>> EPL at the moment.

Guest idol_wild
You won't see a worse dive in football for the rest of your life:

That is fucking horrendous. It makes me laugh out loud and also a little angry.

My angry laughing sounds quite strange.

That is fucking horrendous. It makes me laugh out loud and also a little angry.

My angry laughing sounds quite strange.

I agree. At first it's funny, but then it's just grating and annoying. I was watching a compilation of bad dives and fake injuries on Youtube after this, and some of them I find it hard to decide whether to laugh or throw the computer down the stairs. Mainly the ones where the player goes down"injured", screaming and holding his shin, and then jumping right back up again when the referee makes the decision. There was one where a player was down "injured" in the box, trying to claim a penalty. The game played on, he stayed down, til the ball was crossed right to him. He shot to his feet for an easy tap in to a half open goal. He hoofed it over. Brilliant karma.

I really, really hate the ones where a player goes into to a bit of forehead-to-forehead squaring up, and then both players fall to the ground holding their face. The video I saw showed one in slow motion, where you can see the facial expression almost literally saying "Shit, I better hit the deck too, or I'm going to get banned for the rest of the season"

I fucking hate football. It's shit.

Guest idol_wild
What abour Ronaldinho getting hit in the leg with the ball then going down holding his face? Cretin.

That was Rivaldo, wasn't it? The slow-mo of that boils my blood. Do players not consider the television replay factor when they pull stunts like that?

Christiano Ronaldo used to be especially bad for it, but he's cleaned his game up a little. A little. But it's hard not to respect Ronaldo, simply because he's an absolute Demi-God with a football.

I agree. At first it's funny, but then it's just grating and annoying. I was watching a compilation of bad dives and fake injuries on Youtube after this, and some of them I find it hard to decide whether to laugh or throw the computer down the stairs. Mainly the ones where the player goes down"injured", screaming and holding his shin, and then jumping right back up again when the referee makes the decision. There was one where a player was down "injured" in the box, trying to claim a penalty. The game played on, he stayed down, til the ball was crossed right to him. He shot to his feet for an easy tap in to a half open goal. He hoofed it over. Brilliant karma.

I really, really hate the ones where a player goes into to a bit of forehead-to-forehead squaring up, and then both players fall to the ground holding their face. The video I saw showed one in slow motion, where you can see the facial expression almost literally saying "Shit, I better hit the deck too, or I'm going to get banned for the rest of the season"

I fucking hate football. It's shit.

Fancy linking us to that youtube video? I fancy some more angry laughter.

Actually, looking at it now, it is obviously Rivaldo. He always seemed like a top professional most of the time. What a shame it is when a great player exposes their horrible qualities, like Zidane. Although, I'm quite glad that happened. Up until then it had been quite a mediocre World Cup, and it was made worse that the Italians had to go and win it. It really did need a good scalp-butt to the chest of some Vespa-revving yuppy.

Pederson didn't even have the 'skill' to clip his own feet when he went down. Hope we hump Norway and he scores an own goal... whilst getting sent off for deliberate hand ball... in the process of landing on his whaling spear.

The worst one I think is hypocrite Gerrard, simply because all the nonsense he comes out with about 'foreigners ruining the game with diving'... then throwing himself on the ground every chance he gets. Type 'Gerrard' and 'Dive' into youtube and you get the idea.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Not football related but gaffe related, there's a funny video of Booker-T being interviewed in WCW and yelling 'Hulk Hogan, i'm coming to get you nigga!' then being visibly distraught at accidentally saying that word on live tv. His mate actually comforts him while the interviewer is still talking to the camera.