aberdeen-music

Euro 2008

french_disko

Baaah, the Jarmans!

Turkey were great going forward, but diabolical in defence.

Its a shame their coach has quit. He achieved alot with them this Tournament and they were excellent in qualifying. He overcome a completely handicapped squad throughout and gave the starting favourites a run for their money. Kudos.

As long as Russia or Spain win it. Preferably Russia. Arshavin has been outstanding. Hopefully he won't leave Zenit, but it's looking likely.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baaah, the Jarmans!

Turkey were great going forward, but diabolical in defence.

Its a shame their coach has quit. He achieved alot with them this Tournament and they were excellent in qualifying. He overcome a completely handicapped squad throughout and gave the starting favourites a run for their money. Kudos.

As long as Russia or Spain win it. Preferably Russia. Arshavin has been outstanding. Hopefully he won't leave Zenit, but it's looking likely.

I heard an interview with him on 5 Live yesterday and he said he has already told Zenit he isn't going back there. That was stright from the horses mouth so you can pretty muuch take it as given that he's offski. He said he wants to live in London.

I heard an interview with him on 5 Live yesterday and he said he has already told Zenit he isn't going back there. That was stright from the horses mouth so you can pretty muuch take it as given that he's offski. He said he wants to live in London.

or barcelona

BBC SPORT | Football | Euro 2008 | Russia | Barcelona make Arshavin approach

Graham Taylor, I'm told.

On ITV, David Pleat just said Pavlyuchenko "showed shades of Terry Shedingham". Um...

?

Haha I was gonna point that one out! This is what I was saying a few days ago - Pleat's tactical analysis is always spot on, but his inability to grasp the English language rather lets him down. His column in the Guardian is fantastic, but then I suppose it gets proof-read before it hits the shelves.

To be fair, though, that Shedingham fella wisnae bad!

Love from Christy

heh. evidently you've angered them.

Or the Russians have given up.

This was a horribly dull game, for me. Russia never showed up, and yet this supposedly fantastic Spanish side failed to get going at all until the Russians threw in the towel in the last 20 minutes. Torres was woeful tonight, having been marked out of the last game by Chiellini; Silva utterly anonymous save for his goal. Russia failed to test a highly suspect Spanish defence, which, when under even slight pressure (Puyol coming out and jumping staright under a cross, Ramos selling himself needlessly but being saved by his pace and the Russian boy's indecision) looked very shaky.

If Spain and Germany are the best sides there, it shows how poor the tournament has been, as far as I'm concerned.

And I noticed your brother popped in the first for the Spaniards this evening, Mr Officer.....or am I the only one who thinks Xavi and Chris look alike?

Love from Christy

o_O

Ironically I had each way on Russia for the tournament. Was about the only person in the pub not cheering the goals tonight.

I hate how he pronounces David Villa as "Villa" as in Aston Villa, when anyone with a grasp of basic Spanish knows it's pronounced "Viya". Also the way they say "Villareal" when it should be "Viyareal". A basic grumble admittedly, but they talk for a fucking living, they could at least get it right. They manage to pronounce Casillas properly. And Mallorca.

I hate how he pronounces David Villa as "Villa" as in Aston Villa, when anyone with a grasp of basic Spanish knows it's pronounced "Viya". Also the way they say "Villareal" when it should be "Viyareal". A basic grumble admittedly, but they talk for a fucking living, they could at least get it right. They manage to pronounce Casillas properly. And Mallorca.

Cazorla has become Cazorli tonight o_O

I would dearly love John Motson to shut up RIGHT now, or he'll incur the wrath of my patented Answer to Everything (which I'm not going to post on a forum, for fear of legal recriminations)

Cazorla has become Cazorli tonight o_O

I would dearly love John Motson to shut up RIGHT now, or he'll incur the wrath of my patented Answer to Everything (which I'm not going to post on a forum, for fear of legal recriminations)

Did you hear his "Magnificent in Madrid, Beautiful in Barcelona, Vinidication in Valencia and Astonishing for Aragones..." pish at the end ???

Cunt even managed to wangle "Wembley" into the commentary when talking about Platini's (or Plah-tinny's) victory steps contraption. Cunt.

Fuck off Motty

Guest Jake Wifebeater
We played shite. The Spaniards deserved it more but weren't very good either. Our defence was shocking. :up:

Germany (the country you chose to latch on to and has nothing to do with you) lost to Spain, another country which has nothing to do with you, and beat the country that deserved it more and beat them fair and square. The German defence, which is nothing to do with you, did not defend at all well and hence is the reason for their, not your, defeat, should be returning home asking questions for their, not your, defeat.

:up:

Germany (the country you chose to latch on to and has nothing to do with you) lost to Spain, another country which has nothing to do with you, and beat the country that deserved it more and beat them fair and square. The German defence, which is nothing to do with you, did not defend at all well and hence is the reason for their, not your, defeat, should be returning home asking questions for their, not your, defeat.

lolotasia.

You might as well have not bothered watching the game at all as neither of the teams have anything to do with you too.

I don't care what you think, i support Germany and have done for 22 years. Some chimp on an internet forum isn't going to change my mind on that or try and make me feel like i can't support them because he doesn't agree with it. I support Germany so i have the right to say We or Our if i want. Try and stop me :up: