aberdeen-music

Euro 2008

french_disko

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

torres ruined my betting today by passing that ball. i had him as first scorer and spain to win 2-0. the swine.

hopefully sweden can restore my day.

Well, he's just been hooked... although he might have an injury or something (i've got it on mute). But I hope Spain are as enjoyable to watch as Holland last night then we really might have a tournament on our hands! :up:

Thats two cracking games so far. The Holland/Italy game was a stunner and the Spain/Russia game actually made Spain look like they are capable of getting somewhere in this tournament.

I missed the Germany/Poland game as i was at my brothers wedding but from the highlights we played pretty well. A good indicator for Germany will be whether the Croatia game goes our way or not but i'm sure we'll get to the Quarter-Finals at least.

Spain were immense on the counter attack. Iniesta's play just before the second goal was tasty; talk about a perfect pass. They looked pretty shaky at the back on quite a number of occasionsthough, relying on last-ditch tackles from Puyol. I think they'll struggle defensively against better quality sides.

Larsson's still got it..... at nearly 37 years old.

Some of his touches were pretty damned good last night.

I was cheering Sweden on, Greece are the Rangers of International football, negative as fuck.

Did you also enjoy Samaras falling on his arse with naebdy within 5 yards of him?

I was going to put a punt on Villa for golden boot on monday but the France/Romania game was on. I forgot and now I'm regretting it.

Saying that all the weekends winning teams right and won myself twenty quid.

Always loved Holland so would want them to win but would great to see Spain win it also. As long as France get raped then I'm alright.

so what's everyone betting for today?

i'm got a couple of pounds on ronaldo to score first and portugal to win 3-1 which would net me a tasty 50 and 2 on a straight win for turkey which should cover my portugal bet. so long as turkey don't fuck up it should be a straightforward game for them right? :)

so what's everyone betting for today?

The Czech game was a bit of a stinger for me. Had Czech down to win 2-1, I was pretty optimistic at half time, thought their defence was solid for most of the game. Also had a few optimistic pounds on either Sverkos, Fenin or Nani to score, none of which made it on to the fucking pitch.

I've gone for a bit of a gamble this evening and put the Swiss to win 3-1 with Derdiyok to score first.

Balls. I was hoping the Czechs would pull off a win today. I bet on Germany losing the final (to the Czechs, in my mind) and then realised how the crappy setup worked - I have inadvertantly pitched financial gain against purity of support and it's terrible! I suppose now I'd like to see Germany knocked out in the semis rather than before, so... mon Croatia.. (yes, yes, that would work nicely, as I would also love to see Portugal wither under the thick-browed gaze of Philipp Lahm.. )

Wow, nice! I only saw the second half but Croatia were solid! Not sure if Schweinsteiger deserved a red for that one thing, but he's a dick all the time so he probably deserved it overall.

I didn't think it was a red. It was a chest push at worst, and the boy went down holding his face like he had been punched by Tyson or something. Rivaldo at the world cup anyone?? Bad decision.

Croatia rode on the fact that we played completely without any structure throughout the game. There was no composure and several players, like Janssen, Klose and Ballack, looked like they couldn't be arsed.

Podolski should have been playing through the center (though not that he wasn't trying as he was intent on wandering around in the middle rather than staying on the left) rather than Gomez. Janssen should have been dropped after his shocking first game with Lahm moving to the left and Freidrich coming back into the side on the right. Schweini should have been playing on the left from the start.

Odonkor was a total non-entity substitution and they brought on Kuranyi far too late in my opinion. It's also a pity that Metzelder isn't match fit as he's looking so slow in defence at the moment and Mertesacker is having to do double the work to cover for him and fuck knows what Clemens Fritz is even doing in the side when Trochowski and Borowski are both sitting on the bench and are much better operating in that position and may add a bit more depth to the side.

Michael Ballack is not Captain material either, Frings is a much better option in my opinion.

Gomez has looked awful so far as far as I'm concerned, glad I didn't spend 10 mill on him in the fantasy game!

He's actually a good player with a blossoming international career ahead of him, he's just not ready to start at this level yet. He'd be much better as an impact player in the last 20mins or so. I'd much rather see Podolski and Klose up front together as they play quite regularly at club level and when i've seen them in action they work solidly as a pair, Podolski feeding from Klose's hold-up play.

I fully expect Gomez to be lining up in a Bayern shirt next season if Podolski leaves the Allianz which would be a crying shame because i'd much rather have Poldi in the side. Part of me was hoping he'd have a shocker in this tournament so he'd be content to have another transition season learning behind Toni and Klose. But he's off to a flier and no doubt a few clubs in England, Italy and Spain will be testing Bayern's resolve come the end of the tournament (as Man City have already done, though i think they'd baulk at the 20m price tag we've slapped on him).