aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

To be honest I'm a little concerned that Pixar seems more focussed on sequels at the moment than new stories and characters. The last two have been sequels and there's a monsters inc sequel due soon as well. Toy Story 3 was ace and I have high hopes for the monsters film so I wont complain too much, still I hope it's just a phase.

TS4 is still and awful idea though.

The sequels have always been great. Toy Story 4 will be milking it like as they ended it very nicely. Okay, new kid, they could recycle this for years and years having the toys passed around until they're in bits. But that would be a morbid ending. I don't want a TS4, but if there were one, I'd be excited to see it.

Monsters Inc 2 will be fantastic. Will Boo be in it? Haha, "Boo be".

To be honest I'm a little concerned that Pixar seems more focussed on sequels at the moment than new stories and characters. The last two have been sequels and there's a monsters inc sequel due soon as well. Toy Story 3 was ace and I have high hopes for the monsters film so I wont complain too much, still I hope it's just a phase.

TS4 is still and awful idea though.

The next Pixar film to be released is going to be Brave. A film set in Scotland and starring Kelly MacDonald, Billy Connolly, Craig Ferguson, Kevin McKidd and Robbie Coltrane. They might be doing a few sequels but they're still bringing ahead new films.

Wikipedia are also listing the following films in production:

The Untitled Pixar Movie About Dinosaurs

The Untitled Pixar Movie That Takes You Inside the Mind

Insidious - Starts out as a great ghost story. Ends up as balls. Spooky ghost kids and terrifying apparitions are scary; guff about astral projection and parallel dimensions is not.

Frozen - Above average horror/thriller in which three skiers are stranded in a chairlift halfway up a mountain, faced with the prospect of being stuck there for a week and awaiting their imminent death by either freezing or starving. They have no way of contacting anyone, it's far too high to feasibly jump down, and there's a pack of wolves circling underneath waiting for any of them brave enough to try... A lot better than a film about three people stuck in a chairlift really ought to be.

Cold Creek Manor - Painfully formulaic "thriller" with very few thrills.

Gonna be honest, Insidious was the first films in years that shows a clear as day monster and actually had me scared. Normally i find it far more scary to not show anything and just give you little glimpses, very quick in and out shots of potential scary things. Insidious was the first film in a long time to tell me what a fucking pansy i am.

That film really freaked me out as well, it was the bits with the smiling faces that really made me jump, such a weird creepy film.

I'm too scared to watch it. Stuff like that gives me a right dose of the heebie jeebies. I can watch a slasher film, gimme yer Halloweens, yer saws, yer nightmare on elm streets. But see something like Ring, Grudge, or Insidious where it's more creepy and suspense filled than someone jumping out in a "BOO I HAVE A KNIFE" sort of way, it puts the shits right up me.

Drive

The story of a young man who is spectacularly capable behind the wheel of a car getting involved in organised crime as a result of trying to help his boss and his neighbours.

A wierd performance from Ryan Gosling - I was adamant his character was meant to be autistic during the first third of the film.. There's a lot of raelly ham-fisted cinematography early on... long lingering shots of characters staring at each other and into space with intensely contemplative scores playing over the background but literally nothing happening and no apparant meaning behind it. The cheesy 80's soundtrack and credit sequences also hint that the film is set in the past but the entire film looks and feels 100% modern day. A very, very strange watch.

The film moves up a gear in the final third, tying all the threads of plotlines together nicely and bringing it all to a very enjoyable (if a little obvious) conclusion. Would have been a winner had the score fit better and the character interaction between Gosling and Carey Mulligan felt less like two kids at a school disco awkwardly yearning to hold hands.

7/10

I get poopy panty pretty easily with films. Paranormal Activity was the last one I remember watching that properly freaked me out. I'm a total wimp when it comes to these kinds of films. Blair Witch i've seen tonnes of times and it still scares me.

Yes. I didn't find it too scary but the suspense kept me rigid the whole film. My body, nae my penis.

I have Blair Witch but I'm too much of a pussy to watch it alone.

Drive

The story of a young man who is spectacularly capable behind the wheel of a car getting involved in organised crime as a result of trying to help his boss and his neighbours.

A wierd performance from Ryan Gosling - I was adamant his character was meant to be autistic during the first third of the film.. There's a lot of raelly ham-fisted cinematography early on... long lingering shots of characters staring at each other and into space with intensely contemplative scores playing over the background but literally nothing happening and no apparant meaning behind it. The cheesy 80's soundtrack and credit sequences also hint that the film is set in the past but the entire film looks and feels 100% modern day. A very, very strange watch.

The film moves up a gear in the final third, tying all the threads of plotlines together nicely and bringing it all to a very enjoyable (if a little obvious) conclusion. Would have been a winner had the score fit better and the character interaction between Gosling and Carey Mulligan felt less like two kids at a school disco awkwardly yearning to hold hands.

7/10

There's a woman suing because Drive wasn't as exciting as Fast and Furious... twat

• Upvote 1