aberdeen-music

Yashin, MMW + support @ Drummonds

Inkster

anyone with the opinion that yashin are something more than fucking shite, probably doesn't deserve an opinion

:laughing:

P.S. Anyone who hasn't conformed to this type of junk, and is looking for a gig tonight, head to the East Neuk for fault and fracture, escape to victory (kirks new band) and clearer the sky.

Surely there's enough of a fanbase for both gigs Jonathan. Regardless, being a wanker isn't going to entice people to see your band.

anyone with the opinion that yashin are something more than fucking shite, probably doesn't deserve an opinion

P.S. Anyone who hasn't conformed to this type of junk, and is looking for a gig tonight, head to the East Neuk for fault and fracture, escape to victory (kirks new band) and clearer the sky.

Same could be said for you guys I suppose. Each to their own. If the 14 year olds like Yashin then fair enough. At least it's not Elliott Minor! :laughing:

You're playing with Rise With The Fallen in the near future, people in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones :)

people in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones :)

This phrase has always amused me.

It should really be changed to 'no-one should throw stones'.

Would give kids a more accurate guideline behind this violent act.

Unless your trapped inside a glass house, in which case your only way out would be to throw stones.

So really the phrase should be:

'No-one should throw stones except if trapped inside glass house'

Cheers,

Jamie E2V

• Upvote 1

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Sorry should've mentioned, due to circumstances outwith the bands control Weapon will not be playing this show but will be appearing at it.

Post of the year, and undoubtedly the way forward for local promoters:

"Members of Ablach/Dis-ease/Spike Pile Driver/Fuctoff/Bonesaw/Wifebeater will not be playing this gig, but they will definitely be appearing and maybe, just maybe, they'll deign to give you a condescending nod of acknowledgement".

God bless Aberdeen...

:up:

Post of the year, and undoubtedly the way forward for local promoters:

"Members of Ablach/Dis-ease/Spike Pile Driver/Fuctoff/Bonesaw/Wifebeater will not be playing this gig, but they will definitely be appearing and maybe, just maybe, they'll deign to give you a condescending nod of acknowledgement".

God bless Aberdeen...

:up:

Or...

"Despite them not playing, you can rest assured that members of Spike Pile Driver will NOT be in attendance"

• 3 months later...

nah, sorry warden, you are too fat aswell, for both

oh come on, CoNsPiRe have probably sold more tshirts than wardens pumped girls tho

jeanie, there is no regime. just a bunch of guys putting on gigs for people that like to go to them and for local bands (whether they continue to like the gigs or now bad mouth the type of gigs they once played or went to themselves).

which i've been doing long before someone told me "steve, nitrogen promotions have been pulling down Deenfest posters around town!" when i used to do Cover Your Mouth Promotions.

which, (if is true) is sad and immature.

but i usually tend not to judge or react to folk who are clearly trying to get at me

i actually pay to go to a gig if i fancy seeing a band, whoever the promoter is.

and no, your fears wouldnt chase you down the street (unless we had good reason to)

we dont actually carry guns, mass murder folk or cause trouble at our gigs as some immature people have told the police recently to get our gigs pulled. which is sad.

You dragged a thread up to make that particularly weak insult?

I think after all the insulting others have made he has every right to. This is a good thread to use as evidence as to why some particular music scenes in Aberdeen are in and out of existance. I would easilly bring up all the other threads with this kind of bashing of Your Fears and co. again from the usual suspects here, but what would be the point in that.

Some people need to change their attitiude and stop ripping the piss. Regardless if anyone here likes a certain band or not they don't have to express it throughout the entire forum. Is this not a place for musicians, a community brought together for the sole purpose of helping Aberdeens scene grow?

Some people need to change their attitiude and stop ripping the piss. Regardless if anyone here likes a certain band or not they don't have to express it throughout the entire forum. Is this not a place for musicians, a community brought together for the sole purpose of helping Aberdeens scene grow?

If you want the scene to grow, you have to do some pruning. And if someone is of the opinion that a band is shite, they need to be able to say so. If the message gets through to the band, then hopefully they can strive to improve, or even just fuck off and let someone else have a go. Everyone being nice to each other and hiding what they really think does nobody any good.

If you want the scene to grow, you have to do some pruning. And if someone is of the opinion that a band is shite, they need to be able to say so. If the message gets through to the band, then hopefully they can strive to improve, or even just fuck off and let someone else have a go. Everyone being nice to each other and hiding what they really think does nobody any good.

If the scene is going to grow WE have to do some pruning.

I could say your band is shite and that's my opinion and you can read this sentence over and over again for as much as you want to if thats helping you to "just fuck off and let someone else have a go". It makes no sense for people to slag off anyone, people need to help each other with constructive critiscm.

Unfortuneatly it's very obvious from all the hating going on its down to musical taste not because YF is rubbish because my opinion is that they aren't and they are doing well for themselves by themselves. It's blatant jealousy and hate.

Unfortuneatly it's very obvious from all the hating going on its down to musical taste not because YF is rubbish because my opinion is that they aren't and they are doing well for themselves by themselves. It's blatant jealousy and hate.

I disagree. They are pandering to a current trend.

They're more conserned about their appearance than making music. As soon as skinny jeans and side-swepped fringes aren't 'cool' anymore and there is some new musical fad, bands like (only an example) YF wont be bothering continuing with there current sound.