aberdeen-music

Hahaha.. "big bands"

Hog

lol, I find it funny how "big names" can influence music when smaller artists/musicians can eat the (competition) for breakfast.

Muse....

I love this band. The song citizen erased is genius but I have an example from a much smaller artist that IMHO pawns the fuck out them.

What Im trying to say is that its frustrating when bands make it big but are not actually great compared to others.

lol, I find it funny how "big names" can influence music when smaller artists/musicians can eat the (competition) for breakfast.

Muse....

I love this band. The song citizen erased is genius but I have an example from a much smaller artist that IMHO pawns the fuck out them.

What Im trying to say is that its frustrating when bands make it big but are not actually great compared to others.

hogg, have you been drinking? :)

what you're basically saying is that some bands who aren't famous write great songs too, sometimes even better songs than those who are famous. forgive me for not crying eureka :p

It's the way of the world (or the music biz, anyway). A lot of my favourite bands were as good as, and often better, than 'big names', but due to bad luck, or dislike of arselicking, got little reward for their skills, eg...

pop....'Honeybus' 'the Left Banke' or 'Creation'

folk...'C.O.B' or 'Dando Shaft'

blues...'Scrapper Blackwell'

However...often they get reassessed/rediscovered years after their time (a little bit of consolation, I suppose).

Muse....

muse have loads of better songs than citizen erased!

show this band you're on about......i want to hear them and i'll give you my opinion :p

I love how once a band becomes big that they never really have a "bad album" by the critics standards.

What a ridiculous thing to say, I'm not sure what you mean by ""bad album"" but critics love to shoot down 'heavyweights,' whether it is a fair judgement or otherwise. This is because most music writers want to be rock stars, and have probably tried and failed at doing so.

I love how once a band becomes big that they never really have a "bad album" by the critics standards.

Exactly!!!! *although not in every case*

An example. The last Muse album was pandering towards a Franz Ferdinand kind of sound. The press loved it. It threw them into superstardom but really it was IMHO their weakest album.

Exactly!!!! *although not in every case*

An example. The last Muse album was pandering towards a Franz Ferdinand kind of sound. The press loved it. It threw them into superstardom but really it was IMHO their weakest album.

What? It's nothing like Franz Ferdinand!

Black Holes is a grower I think, I didn't like it at first but listened to it the other day and thought it was great.

What? It's nothing like Franz Ferdinand!

Black Holes is a grower I think, I didn't like it at first but listened to it the other day and thought it was great.

Matt Bellamy said that he was wanted the last album to have a Franz kind of sound to it.

I know it doesn't sound like Franz..apart from the start of one of the tunes.