aberdeen-music

kings of leon, aecc

scottyboy

can't seem to find the gig announcement thread...

i thought it was pretty shit, big disappointment. what the hell was all that about towards the end with the switching of guitars, stopping of songs and apparent hissy fits towards the guitar tech?

edit: should say 'leon'. there needs to be an edit thread title option

can't seem to find the gig announcement thread...

i thought it was pretty shit, big disappointment. what the hell was all that about towards the end with the switching of guitars, stopping of songs and apparent hissy fits towards the guitar tech?

edit: should say 'leon'. there needs to be an edit thread title option

I enjoyed it, really decent band, but i can see what you mean. And the "hissy fit" and aggro in the band was excellent. Possibly my favourite bit of the night, just cant get the roadies these day!? or something like this......

I think Caleb just had trouble with his guitar, went to switch it then that one wasn't in tune. I'd be pretty annoyed too if I'm in the middle of a gig. I thought it was one of the best gigs I've been too. I think the crowd did themselves proud and hope they come back to Aberdeen again.

yeah i didn't think there was much dynamics or energy. most of it was ok as i like the songs but not worth 25. towards the end though it was terrible, it just fizzled out. the crowd were fucking annoying as well, full of morons who threw beer and couldn't keep their elbows to themselves (to be expected at a rock gig i suppose). i spent the whole gig with people pushing past me to and fro from the bar.

One of my mates that was at it also said it was pretty crap, and the beer throwing crowd weren't helping, so she left early.

I didn't see any more beer throwing than you would usualy get a t a gig. I didn't see the support band (Manchester Orchestra) but I thought the KOL were pretty good - guitar foul-ups aside. I thought the sound was pretty good and, having seen KOL when they only had one album out, I think they've made a lot of progress on the dynamics front. I also liked the little cameras they had on the mic stands etc which displayed their images on screens either side of the stage.

Back to the guitar foul-up - Caleb looked furious especially after they had restarted the song only for his guitar to fuck up again. He did have a back up but there appeared to be something wrong with it as well. I think if it had been me I would have been pretty pissed off as well at being made to look a tit in front of an arena full of people. To be fair though, from where I was standing most people in the crowd seemed not to be that bothered by it and kept clapping and cheering regardless.

I thought it was a poor gig, certainly the worst sound I've ever heard at the AECC. Kings of Leon had no banter whatsoever, and seemingly no interest in the audience, it wouldn't have surprised me if they didn't even know that they were playing in Aberdeen.

The audience was pretty rotten too, I don't think that there was 30 seconds that past without somebody barging past me....

Kings of leon are not about banter, if you want banter go to a stand up comedy night instead. Kings of leon played an ace set and never messed about. I thought they were really good, much better than the usual rubbish that plays the aecc

haha are you serious? if they're all about the music and nothing else why the hell did they have all those big screens and lighting? o_O

They didn't say too much to the crowd either at the last Carling Academy gig, doesn't mean they aren't enjoying themselves. I also saw very little beer throwing, a lot less than your average gig. There is a review in the paper saying the sound was poor, I thought it was pretty good, though they couldn't even get the name of a KOL single right!

If you didn't like it, fair enough, don't go next time. I know I'll certainly be back

i missed the support band. listened to the myspace and didn't think much of it so i didn't bother. the sound was fine in my opinion, but if i pay to see a band i expect at the very minimum to be able to hear everything properly. i disagree that throwing beer at the band and crowd is 'average'. that's literally the first gig i've been to that i've seen that happening. throwing liquids at people beside a load of electrical gear really is a stupid thing to do.