aberdeen-music

Bands you love but really shouldn't?

Alkaline

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've got some great songs! The telling fact that all of the 'What Will The Neighbours Say?' tracks are between 3:17 and 3:57 minutes in length proves their poptacularness!

Agreed. Girls Aloud are the best girl group for years, and definitelly the best thing to come out of any of those Pop Idol/Popstar programmes.

Poison.... :dunce: can't help it! They are so damn cheesy' date=' but they rock![/quote']

With a username i guess taken from a Skid Row tune im not suprised you like Poison.

May i add to my dodgy list of Glam bands i like but probably shouldn't considering my extreme music taste :O

Poison,LA Guns,Motley Crue,Kiss,VAIN ,Bang Tango,Cinderella,Skid Row,Enuff Znuff and Tesla. :love:

Music is there to be enjoyed so to those who think otherewise

:finger:

Some Busted... apparently I only woke up from a drunken stupor one night getting a lift home when 3AM came on, and I sang it pretty much word perfectly, although I'm not sure I know all the words now :down:

The Bay City Rollers :rockon:

Phil Collins Genesis

And a load of other stuff, I'll wager.

I think there is a thread somewhere where i mentioned seeing an Aberdeen lad on an MTV special about Girls Aloud so it probably is him.

The programme consisted of them performing songs then a Q&A session inbetween.

Im sure its probably him thou' date=' it'd be too much of a coinsidence!!!!![/quote']

That MTV Q&A is on the DVD, with all the videos. not that I've seen it or anything :p

Some Busted... apparently I only woke up from a drunken stupor one night getting a lift home when 3AM came on' date=' and I sang it pretty much word perfectly, although I'm not sure I know all the words now :down:

The Bay City Rollers :rockon:

Phil Collins Genesis

And a load of other stuff, I'll wager.[/quote']

There ain't nothing wrong with Phil Collins or Genesis there are some classic songs in there back cataloge domino, home by the sea, carpet crawlers, lamb lies down on broadway the whole of the Invisable Touch album :up:

There ain't nothing wrong with Phil Collins or Genesis there are some classic songs in there back cataloge domino' date=' home by the sea, carpet crawlers, lamb lies down on broadway the whole of the Invisable Touch album :up:[/quote']

Yeah, I agree that the early stuff like the Lamb and Carpet Crawlers is great, but I'm slightly ashamed that sometimes I'd rather listen to the later stuff (after Peter and Steve left) like Home by the Sea and Invisible Touch, with its.. drum machines and pop choruses and stuff :love::)

all of the genesis stuff kicks ass even when phil pretty much became in charge

That and the comment from Mordred make me quite mirthful, seeing as Phil and sometimes the others get so much stick :up: I wasn't dissin' them, just saying that I reckon The Musical Box (for example) is slightly more credible than, say, That's All.

That reminds me! I was browsing in the new-look Internacionale on Thursday for tea-lights when I came across new roped-vegetable merchandise' date=' including and item that resembled wind-chimes. There must be some kind of mad demand for roped-veg merch in the North-East.[/quote']

i know i personally have a huge desire for all things roped-veg.