• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scott 5FD
Originally posted by Indigo_Soul:

Ok, really bored, in the mood for a good old scrap

I'll Start it off....

Why do people like metal core,noisecore,pop punk melodic skate american undeground bands that no one has ever heard of??

possibly because they feel a connection to the music somehow?

just like you must feel some sort of connection to the bands in your Listening To... section.

Why do people like metal core,noisecore,pop punk melodic skate american undeground bands that no one has ever heard of??They have as much chance of being famous, than Jordan becoming a virgin again.

The World Still Loves Rock/Glam Thats why the darkness are so hugely popular and famous, and rule the music world. True Rock N Roll Stars!!!!

So you only like bands that are famous?

Ok, really bored, in the mood for a good old scrap

I'll Start it off....

Why do people like metal core,noisecore,pop punk melodic skate american undeground bands that no one has ever heard of??They have as much chance of being famous, than Jordan becoming a virgin again. i hate those bands. thats why i love the darkness because it secretly gets under peoples skin that they are pure glam rock, and that they rule.The World Still Loves Rock/Glam Thats why the darkness are so hugely popular and famous, and rule the music world. True Rock N Roll Stars!!!!

HAHA FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS THE BANDS YOU REALLY HATE

ANYONE??

Why do people like bands that YOU'VE never heard of, maybe because they like the music? Or they could just be following a fashion.

Whichever it has it has fuck all to do with wether they were/are/will be famous. (e.g. Westlife)

Does anyone outside Britain actually know who the Darkness are, or is your "music world" which they "rule" confined to good old blighty?

Guest highroller

all the types of music he described is what i love...im really glad you hate it...cos you sound like an idiot...less idiots into my type of music...everyones a winner... :)

i hate people that think because somethings popular and famous that automatically makes it good. it makes them look like they can't think for themselves. i hate when people try and draw folks into an argument for the sake of having an argument.

i like primal scream because they've made some absolutley brilliant music. exterminator was a fucking awesome album. so was vanishing point. i like them for the same reason i like set fire to flames. they both make brilliant music that gets me all excited.

Jet however make me want to destroy things. usually shit australian psuedo garage(but nothing like garage) rock bands who look like dicks and act like dicks and make shit pub rock that any band could do standing on their fucking head that houses their miniscule primate brain.

Originally posted by Untitled:

i just fucking have ozzy's voice

its enough to just make me wanna shoot the twat

and well, just cause they created heavy metal

doesnt mean they are the best at it

yes it does. and they are. cmon, war pigs is awesome. sabbath bloody sabbath! they fucking rule and you know it!

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i hate mall punk, hate fake emo, hate crappy modern day wannabe 'hardcore' bands who are just playing shit metal, now that I think about it, I hate metal too, I hate hair rock/metal, shit 80s stadium rock, crap gutless mass produced modern pop, hate the darkness, hate sad punx bands churning out the same tired old shit from the 80s, hate the thousands of untalented 'melodic punk' style bands (there are a few gooduns), hate crap ska bands, hate pub rock, hate wanky insular art-rock, bollocks bands who think they are being experimental but are just making a few stupid noises that have been done before (ever heard of shoenberg? expressionist music? serialism, dodecaphony? It's about 90 years old you fucking losers) to satisfy themselves and anyone else who's in on the joke. That vaguely covers it!

i don't really like those californian punk bands, and some of the newer emo type bands are starting to sound a little cliched. At The Drive In were good, but some of the stuff on MTV2 is a bit naff.

I also don't like bands that have a pretentious image. I'd say Franz Ferdinand were guilty of that.

I find it hard to take a band too seriously who are in a certain "genre" - who play up to it and don't try to innovate.

However, from the above posts, I'd say that I think Sabbath, G'n'R, and Aerosmith are good

Craig