aberdeen-music

Dressing up at Turisas

Norseman

Why do people keep associating someone's opinion with the band they play in? That's twice in the last week Scott's expressed an opinion on an act (albeit rather unconstructively and probably unwelcome for the people who started those threads) and has had his band thrown back at him as some kind of retort.

Unbroken: "X artist is shit."

Someone else who isn't the artist in question: "well your band is shit" (or words to that effect)

That doesn't make sense! The two aren't the same. I can have an opinion on any artist or band in the world, it doesn't make it any less valid just because you have your own opinion on the band I might play in.

Why do people keep associating someone's opinion with the band they play in? That's twice in the last week Scott's expressed an opinion on an act (albeit rather unconstructively and probably unwelcome for the people who started those threads) and has had his band thrown back at him as some kind of retort.

Unbroken: "X artist is shit."

Someone else who isn't the artist in question: "well your band is shit" (or words to that effect)

That doesn't make sense! The two aren't the same. I can have an opinion on any artist or band in the world, it doesn't make it any less valid just because you have your own opinion on the band I might play in.

meh, i dont really care, the boy is a numpty. wants to be a shit stirrer. pity he is rubbish at it though.

i didn't claim his opinion wasn't valid, i only jumped in with my statement.

surely everyone on these forums is looking for some sort of attention?

some of you get it from positive, good-natured music discussion and friendly exchange of opinion.

by coming into a thread and making a point, you are looking for attention. it doesnt matter if you're sincere or just being a dick and taking the piss...

i still don't understand why people allow themselves to get caught up in some of the things i say.

next time you're about to reply to someone who is clearly talking shit, maybe you should consider that not reacting at all is probably the wiser - certainly easier - option.

in not getting sidetracked by trolls like myself, you can all keep to the matter at hand and contine with the important discussion you were having.

that is partially right, but maxi hit the nail on the head.

So you haven't replaced someone because you think the music scene is shit? :laughing:

blessed stopped getting gigs because they realised what a joke the aberdeen "metal" scene is and joined in with laughing at the trumpets who are part of it

A joke? WSBB were one of the biggest jokes of the music scene - come on, how else do you explain a band that managed to combine the worst in emo with the worst in macho male behaviour? The pictures on the myspace...hours of entertainment :D

• Upvote 1