aberdeen-music

The Foos and Serj rocked my socks!

AngryD

How ace were the Foo's last night? I had a blast, Dave Grohl's banter gets better every time haha.

Have to say was quite impressed with the length of the set and at the AECC for letting them have that walkway bitty down the middle, although he didn't use it much.

I was however NOT impressed with the heat of the place!

Was absolutely loving Serj Tankian's solo set too especially with the outfits they were all wearing!

Yeah, awesome!

It was amazing!!!

Serj was everything i expected, his dance moves, the voice, and wearing the white suit from empty walls vid was cool. I wanted to jump to his songs but crowd didn't get going.

Foo's was ace, stacked actors was the highlight for me. I love that song. Dave Grohl's banter was hilarious and the video link thing before the encore was funny as hell

good night

Was an ace gig! That's me seen Foo's 3 times now, but last night was definatly the best. I really loved the video link before the encore too, that was so funny.

I'm really glad I got tickets and I'm really impressed by the quality of bands that are playing in Aberdeen these days. I hope with bands like the Foo's playing, will make other bands want to come and play in the deen.

Here's some of my fav pics I took:):

323131140a6083036337l.jpg323131140a6083024778l.jpg323131140a6083035236l.jpg

Good to see Dave and the band back on top form:D:D

The Foo's were fucking awesome. I'm not a huge fan but that was one of the best gigs I've ever been to, certainly the best gig at the AECC (including Muse). Great atmosphere and the set was a lesson in how to play an arena show.

Serj was disappointing. It sounded good, the songs were ok and Serj is a superb vocalist but there was no chemistry on stage and a total lack of energy. The difference when Foo Fighters came on was stark.

I went mainly for Serj and was not dissapointed. I didn't enjoy the Foos so much as I think their last three albums have been less than inspiring. Even when they played songs off Colour and the Shape, they were padded out with jams in the middle, and too much banter. The addition of Pat Smear was good, but it was puzzling why he didn't play the whole performance with them.

Serj was disappointing. It sounded good, the songs were ok and Serj is a superb vocalist but there was no chemistry on stage and a total lack of energy. The difference when Foo Fighters came on was stark.

Yeah I know what you're saying but most of the people were there to see the Foos. Its always the same - the support bands never get the same reception as the headliners. Plus all of his solo material is new and basically unknown so it's not exactly easy for people to sing along and jump around to.

I still think he was superb!

Serj was brilliant, it was the audience that made the chemistry low. Fucking loved it.

o_O

I thought he got a pretty good reaction from the audience that was there by then. Compared to what I've seen of System's live performances Saturday night was lifeless. It wasn't bad, just seemed to be going through the motions.

The majority of Aberdonians have probably never even heard of him.

Plus I don't think he should have to be the support act for anyone. Particularly a band who's recent material has been extremely disappointing.

Yeah, really fucking underground, isn't he? His solo album is sitting on the shelves at Asda at the moment, for fucks sake.

he's obviously happy being the support act for people "who's recent material has been extremely disappointing" - and just as happy to suck the corporate cock presenting awards at the MTV Europe awards the week before last.

I thought the Foo Fighters were on top form. Their interaction as great and it was great that they didn't just play song after song without saying much.

I'm not really too keen on the knew album but Long Road To Ruin is a great song.

Was quite surprised when they played Marigold, but happy nonetheless but My Hero was probably the highlight of the set just because of the piano part mainly.

The majority of Aberdonians have probably never even heard of him.

Plus I don't think he should have to be the support act for anyone. Particularly a band who's recent material has been extremely disappointing.

i hope you are joking. he is one of the biggest sellers in one up at the moment, so imagine how well his cd will be doing in HMV...

Who said he's underground? I said 'the majority of Aberdonians have probably never heard of him', which is a valid statement. I'm sure a lot of people seeing the Foo Fighters are not particularly aware of SOAD or Serj. Just because his album is in shops why does that automatically mean that everyone must know who he is? What sort of bizarre logic is that?

I was told this forum is full of hostile pricks, now I see why.

Who said he's underground? I said 'the majority of Aberdonians have probably never heard of him', which is a valid statement. I'm sure a lot of people seeing the Foo Fighters are not particularly aware of SOAD or Serj. Just because his album is in shops why does that automatically mean that everyone must know who he is? What sort of bizarre logic is that?

I was told this forum is full of hostile pricks, now I see why.

It's not about people being hostile or pricks. Its just that saying that people won't have heard of Serj is just wrong. SOAD sold loads of records, even in aberdeen!!