aberdeen-music

Sega or Nintendo?

Lemonade

The first thing I had was something like a c64 (can't really remember - it took cartridges and was crap)

Then I played games on my Dad's pre-windows PC like prince of persia and Duke Nukem (platform)

then:

Megadrive

N64

Brothers PS2

XBox

I used to play games on the PC throughout all the changes in consoles.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Consoles I have, and they all still work:

Spectrum 48K

Mega Drive

SNES

N64

Game Boy Advance

Gamecube

Next up will be the DS and Wii.

Playstation and XBox do not exist.

Mario 64 and Zelda 64 are two of the best platform games I've played.

I had a NES first, then went on to the Megadrive(which I thought was superior to the SNES), then went back to Nintendo with N64 and then gave in to Sony's might and got the PS2.

Was never really a big fan of the Gamecube but it did have some good games.

I have been wanting to get a Neo Geo, but the prices of the cartridges just doesn't seem worth it (about 80 for a King of Fighters or Samurai Shodown)

you're in luck, boot up your wii, head onto the shop channel and you'll get "king of fighters" there for 900 points = about 9ish?

save yourself a few quid there

Sega all the way,

my progression went:

Master System (with Alex Kidd built in - oh yes!)>Mega Drive>PSOne>PS2>PS3

(Sould be noted that i was absolutely gutted as kid never to find the 32X or Mega CD under my xmas tree as a kid. Slightly less gutted in hindsight mind you.)

Handhelds:

Gamegear>PSP

i believe there may be a bit of a theme in there.

And being a Sega Boy my heart did sink a little when Mario + Sonic @ the Olympics was announced. Just for the fact all the trailers show the little podgy plumber holding his own in the 100m sprint against the supersonic hedgehog. I had him more down as a Shot Putt or Weightlifting kinda guy.

Atari 2600. Great console in my memory from playing it as an 8 year old, but I'm sure it would be utter shit if I played it now.

I still have my Atari2600 and it is the one pictured there on wikipedia with the wood panelling.

Didnt like the look of the little black one.

It still works and Choplifter is the best game on it.

Jedi Arena is shithot too and you have to use a special controller to play it not the normal joystick.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably Nintendo for consistently being great. Although, the Saturn is amazing if you get one with an import cart. It's like a real old school arcade machine! The Dreamcast was a very underrated machine also, I think. It's a pity that Sega are out of the game now.

Other than that, my misspent youth went:

Spectrum+2 > C64 > Atari ST > Amiga 500 > Amiga 1200 > Playstation > PC > PS2

Amiga was definitely my fave!

I think i love them both equally. Perhaps the megadrive is my favourite ever console. I've had:

NES

Master System

SNES

Mega Drive

N64

Gamecube

WII

Xbox 360

Does anyone remember Quack shot on the Mega Drive, with Donald Duck? More importantly, has anyone in the world completed it?

I had Quackshot and completed it when I was about 13, then swapped it at the Solid Gold Games centre for Streets of Rage 2. Then they made a game with Mickey and Donald together, it was reet gud.

It took me till about 2 years ago to complete Toejam & Earl like.