aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Red Neck Man

End of the world/destruction etc movies?

I'm going to head into town later and fancy picking up a few DVDs. I'm partial to a bit of destruction, ken? but not really sure what's decent. I've already got or seen 28 Days/Weeks Later, Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow, Mrs Doubtfire, War of the Worlds. But my mind has drawn a blank.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Cheers,

:popcorn:

I'm going to head into town later and fancy picking up a few DVDs. I'm partial to a bit of destruction, ken? but not really sure what's decent. I've already got or seen 28 Days/Weeks Later, Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow, Mrs Doubtfire, War of the Worlds. But my mind has drawn a blank.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Cheers,

:popcorn:

not a movie but the tv series jeremiah might be worth a look if your into end of the word post-apocalytic type stuff..think its a region 1 only release not seen it over here anyways if you have a multi region dvd player i would definitly recommend it

Not really destructive but one of the best 'End of the World' type films, and definitely one of the most moving is raymond Briggs animated 'When the wind Blows', not seen it in years but that was a great and very powerfull film.

Not really destructive but one of the best 'End of the World' type films, and definitely one of the most moving is raymond Briggs animated 'When the wind Blows', not seen it in years but that was a great and very powerfull film.

...with a theme tune by The Thin White Duke as well.

I hate to say it but I really didn't get into Children of Men as much as I thought I should have. May sound odd, but I thought it was good, just couldn't care about what was going on.

Saw 28 Weeks Later on the same day. Good film, helped by the fact that I love Robert Carlyle and am in love with Rose Byrne. Ending seemed a bit sudden and all too much setting-up-a-third-film though. It had some good scenes (and music) to it, particularly the outbreak scene with the snipers.

That film disturbed when I was a small child.

Go down the George Romero route. Zombie-tastic. I quit liked 'Day of the dead'. You can have a look all the original Zombie flicks too (all are good in their own way).

You should also try 'Sunshine'. It's got that whole, "the world is doomed" feel to it and if you already like Danny Boyle you'll probably enjoy it. The scene at the end is also rather stunning.