aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

yeah a lookalike - its daniel chillingworth!!! he's one of those players that divides the fans - some hate him and others think he's god's gift! mr quinn wants 15-20 goals out of him this season highly unlikely considoring a) he usually gets about 6 and b) he's third choice striker!!!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to blame absolutely everything on Graeme Souness.

me too :up: world poverty, 9/11, phil collins - all the evil work of souness....

whats he up to these days? last i heard he was trying (and failing) to buy wolves i think it was. and doing some punditry in ireland and he's a worse pundit than he was a manager and thats flipping saying something

me too :up:

Add my name to that list :up:

Christ knows where he's been... maybe the footballing world's just latched onto the fact that as a manager, he is a big pile of bobbins. Has to be one of the most unemployable men in football. And to think we replaced Sir Bobby Robson with him, pffffft...

Not so good stuff from the Dons last night :down:

Sounds like the Dons finished a tad stronger due to the changes. Have to say that Mackie was looking a tad off the mark last week at Buckie. No control, poor finishing. I'm rooting for the guy but he needs to have the game in hand before the start of a season. Not that a poor performance is just down to him though.

The Don's will be fine, teething issues to overcome, but other than that it bodes well...

Irresponsible use of hype...

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Aberdeen | Dons players survive car smash

...both were "shaken by the experience" - that's hardly "surviving" anything!

Not quite sure you are getting at with your comments at said crash, but as someone who is lucky to survive a bad crash last year, i'd be thankfull that any crash resulted in only being badly shaken by the experience.

In other news we beat Keith 5-1 yesterday and Inverurie Locos 5-2 today :love:

Bayern Munich 4-1 Werder Bremen in the League Cup

Two goals from Ribery on his competitive debut :)

Looked like a cracking performance from a side that was missing quite a few 'key' players and only having one striker fit (aside from Sandro Wagner, one of our youth strikers, who looks like he might be worth holding onto).

This Egyptian jaunt's turning into a bloody nightmare for the Dons. Another defeat? First choice keeper injured? A car crash?

Just listened to the interview with Hart on RedTV - he's far from amused with the setup in Egypt - least of all the kamikaze driving from the locals. he has a right go at the bus driver - you can hear him saying "bloody hell."

Jimmy better decide on his defence soon. And we'd better cuff Inverurie.

Not quite sure you are getting at with your comments at said crash, but as someone who is lucky to survive a bad crash last year, i'd be thankfull that any crash resulted in only being badly shaken by the experience.

In other news we beat Keith 5-1 yesterday and Inverurie Locos 5-2 today :love:

The point I'm making is that the BBC used a near miss as an opportunity to post a screaming headline. What if you had been a relative or friend of an Aberdeen player and saw that?

"Aberdeen players shaken in car crash" or similar would have been more appropriate and responsible.

What did you think I meant?

That the players weren't hurt enough or something sick like that?

...and yes, I've spent several months in the hossie (3 motorbike accidents) , so I know how you feel.

...both were "shaken by the experience" - that's hardly "surviving" anything!

Yeah, that read to me like you were saying they weren't hurt enough; but I now see what you meant. My fault; I had one eye on the Under 20 World Cup final (Good game!), so didn't read it correctly. My apologies :love:

2-1 win over Forres on Friday followed by a 5-0 over Nairn on Saturday. We scored all eight goals, and have a couple of fantastic looking Polish boys on trial. Will reserve proper judgement on them until after the Caley game on Wednesday, but it's looking good so far.

Pity about the quality of the opposition so far, but what can you do? (Play better teams, clearly)

8 Tickets arrived today for the France v. Scotland game in Paris on September 12 :love: Still heaps of tickets available on Ticketnet and Billets concert, foot, rugby, thtre, parc, tourne, festival,... - Rseau France Billet if you fancy the trip too. There are estimations of around 15,000 Scots to be in the stadium, but i hope thats not using the Seville calculator ;)

surf.php?q=aHR0cDovL2ZpbGUwMTRhLmJlYm8uY29tLzQvbGFyZ2UvMjAwNy8wNy8yMS8yMS83NzUxODY1MDlhNTA0Mzc3MjUyOGwuanBn

Ordered my tickets for the home game v. Lithuania in South Stand Upper, and away to order the Ukraine tickets when they go on sale on Aug 2nd