aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? They'd be better than Derek Young, but I don't know if I'd have them back in a flash. Neither are better than what's at the club just now.

I think Young's a bad signing, but he hasn't cost us anything and his wages must surely be peanuts after his time at Partick. So as long he's only used as last gasp cover then I'm not too bothered. Honestly.

At least that's the mantra I'm going to be reciting to myself until the start of the season.

I never said either were better than what we have at the club, but if Jimmy's that desparate for cover I'd have McGuire and Darren Young back in a flash as opposed to Derek Young.

He's getting 500 a week, according to the Cooncil Mole.

He's simply not a good football player, so I can't see how things will have improved after his frankly unsuccessful spells with Dunfermline and Partick.

Must give a real source of inspiration to the young guys like Maguire when Jimmy's giving contracts to ex - players who were shite the first time round. Shows real confidence in the youngsters..........

To be fair he only played 6 games. Quite hard to get into a rhythm without any run in a team. He'll get that at ICT, along with a big boost in fitness level; and with Dean McDonald I fancy him to do really well. Going to the Ross County game on Saturday to see what he's like.

You going to the Dundee United v. Barca game tomorrow night I take it??

True, he was good earlier on in his career too i guess. May just have been a drab spell. I'm not saying he won't be a decent signing though.

Couldn't get a ticket. Gutted :(

True, he was good earlier on in his career too i guess. May just have been a drab spell. I'm not saying he won't be a decent signing though.

Couldn't get a ticket. Gutted :(

Not a dig, but they offered tickets to season ticket holders and fans who turned up for the last home game of the season. About 99% of them took up the offer, which still left 5/6000 left over for public sale. Those took a few days to shift. You could've easily got one if you were quick off the mark.

In the past i've waited all night outside Morrison's for a ticket to Scotland v. Holland, stayed on hold for an hour and a half while working to get decent seats for the Scotland v. France game and brushed up on my french to book tickets for the return game in France, in the home end. Its no hard to get tickets if you are willing...

Again, i promise you this isn't a dig.

Apparently its on Setanta ?( I could be wrong, no doubt it'll be on the internet though...

EDIT: ITS ON SETANTA 2, 7.45PM

Not a dig, but they offered tickets to season ticket holders and fans who turned up for the last home game of the season. About 99% of them took up the offer, which still left 5/6000 left over for public sale. Those took a few days to shift. You could've easily got one if you were quick off the mark.

In the past i've waited all night outside Morrison's for a ticket to Scotland v. Holland, stayed on hold for an hour and a half while working to get decent seats for the Scotland v. France game and brushed up on my french to book tickets for the return game in France, in the home end. Its no hard to get tickets if you are willing...

Again, i promise you this isn't a dig.

Apparently its on Setanta ?( I could be wrong, no doubt it'll be on the internet though...

EDIT: ITS ON SETANTA 2, 7.45PM

Yeah, to be honest i forgot about it and by the time i remembered it was too late.

you think you have problems dons fans? mr quinn is so desperate for a new striker he's turned his attention to giving a trial to a 29 year old whose been playing for welsh premier league side TNS for the last 10 years... still i suppose he has european experience! i've been playing the welsh premier league on footy manager and it adds a whole new slant to the words 'tinpot league'

Guest DustyDeviada
a few thousand ICT fans

Yeah, right, like there are a few thousand ICT fans on the planet. They live with flying pigs in a gumdrop house on lollipop lane, don't they? ;)

October 20th....

See you there. Are you as confident as you were last season that Caley are finally going to actually beat the Dons?

I look forward to using the portable bogs, getting a pie from the most tuck shoppe style "hatch" i've seen since 1989 and sitting in the temporary stand!

Only joking, It's the best laugh our mob have all season - we go to a truly magnificent social club (cheapest beer ever) who lay on grub and bus us to the ground with the Caley fans. It's then a trip into toon to this big bar which I don't know the name of then a carry out from the Safeway for the 9 train home. It's brilliant fun. And we always win or at the least draw!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Isnt his brother married to the chairman's daughter anyway? Explains a lot.......

Aye, Darren's been winching Lee Donald for years.

I am also finding this pretty funny, arf!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
but if Jimmy's that desparate for cover I'd have McGuire and Darren Young back in a flash as opposed to Derek Young.

I'm sure you would, but you ain't having them.

In the latest round of pre-season friendlies Aberdeen destroyed an Egyptian team 5-1 (with a Lee Miller hattrick!), Hibs humped Bolton 3-0 and Peterhead skelped Caley 2-1. Nae luck Ross.

Oh dear, Bolton aren't going to have a very good season.

Was it their best team?

In the latest round of pre-season friendlies Aberdeen destroyed an Egyptian team 5-1 (with a Lee Miller hattrick!), Hibs humped Bolton 3-0 and Peterhead skelped Caley 2-1. Nae luck Ross.

Its tradition for us to lie down against Peterhead in Pre-Season. We lost to them last summer as well.

At least we never got anyone sent off in the process :finger:

Guest DustyDeviada

Ah, but who cares about getting players sent off when you've got players of the calibre of, er, Derek Young waiting in the wings to step in. :rolleyes: