aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

Guest DustyDeviada

I thought Rowson was a decent utility player for the Dons. We've got better players now, but he did OK. I don't think you can really blame him for moving on, Stoke were a team on the up at the time so it was worth having a crack down south. A shame it didn't work out for him, I always feel sorry for players when their careers go tits up and the end up having to play for teams like Partick Thistle. ;)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Ach bollocks, De Vries is away to Wales, joining Mason in the ever-growing list of defectors who are actually good. We're good for enxt season though, Greg Paterson has signed a new contract...

It's only to be expected, a relegated team is never going to survive virgo intacta. At least Tango hasn't come in for his annual swoop and De Vries didn't go to another Scottish team. There's a rumour that the tattie-munchers are sniffing round Adam Hammill as well. I still reckon we can do the business next season.

An optimistic Pars fan, whatever next?

It's only to be expected, a relegated team is never going to survive virgo intacta. At least Tango hasn't come in for his annual swoop and De Vries didn't go to another Scottish team. There's a rumour that the tattie-munchers are sniffing round Adam Hammill as well. I still reckon we can do the business next season.

An optimistic Pars fan, whatever next?

We re-signed Owen Morrison too, that could be huge. Yeah, why not be optimistic, I reckon we've still got the best squad in the league. Even without Mason. Bastard.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
We re-signed Owen Morrison too, that could be huge. Yeah, why not be optimistic, I reckon we've still got the best squad in the league. Even without Mason. Bastard.

Morrison did re-sign? Nice one, that could prove crucial indeed. And as bastardesque as Mason is, there's worse places in the SPHell he could have gone.....

On a side note, after reading the latest Programme Monthly, I'm hoping we don't draw Clyde away in any of the cups. Not only do they not bother with a full programme for cup games, they don't issue AT ALL (shudder) for Challenge Cup games. Absolute sacrilege!

You a programme collector, Stichman?

Roll on the new season:

1. Pre-season starts soon, so i'll see ICT play the mighty Keith, Elgin City and Inverurie Locos
  2. We have an exciting new striker in Dean 'Mini Mac' McDonald, who from YouTube videos looks like an absolutely brilliant signing
  3. I've just managed to get 8 tickets for the France v. Scotland game (in the France end), and by the looks of things there'll be THOUSANDS of Scots in the home end, with what i'm reading on the Tartan Army Messageboard
  4. ICT v. Rangers in the first SPL game of the season. Easy 3 points.

YouTube - Mini Mac Gills Goals

only a month to go, can't wait for the new season! we kicked off proceedings on sat with a thumping 3-0 win over the mighty mildenhall town, now mr quinn has sent the squad off to an army barracks for some team bonding and to get the old fitness levels up.

eagerly anticipating setanta announcing their live blue square premier games coverage, there's a good chance we'll be on the old telly for one of our first two games either at york or home to oxford.

and odd years are shite cos no world cup or euro championships!!! the under 20 world cup just doesnt cut it! wish i could see the copa america mind looks a good tournament!

TAKEN FROM THE DAILY RANGER

FRENCH football bosses face a security nightmare after the Tartan Army invaded their Euro 2008 ticket sales.

The French Federation's website crashed under the strain yesterday morning as Scotland supporters rushed to secure briefs for the Parc des Princes crunch on September 12.

The SFA were given only 3500 tickets at prices of up to 82 to distribute to visiting fans through the official Travel Club.

But it's now estimated there could be up to 15,000 Scots in the ground after tickets for the French end were made freely available online, without restrictions.

A spokeswoman for the French Federation admitted they were unlikely to turn away Scots fans who had booked online, with many ordering up to six tickets each.

Asked if they would be allowed entry, she said: "I guess so - we've had no problems before."

I honestly couldn't believe how easy it was to get 8 tickets, in the home end. I've always wondered what it feels like to be a Rangers or Celtic fan living in Aberdeen or Inverness.... Now i have a slight inclination

I'm not exactly surprised: would you rather spend 40 odd quid for a cheap seat in the away end when you can grab one in the home end for 20 euros?

Hoh hee hoh!

Links Park tomorrow night. I can't wait.

Is that the Montrose v Partick game?? If so, report back with how Liam Buchanan did for Partick... He was up for trials with ICT before he signed with McCall n' Co: quite interested to see if we missed out.

Is that the Montrose v Partick game?? If so, report back with how Liam Buchanan did for Partick... He was up for trials with ICT before he signed with McCall n' Co: quite interested to see if we missed out.

Aye, no sweat: I'm doing the match report for the PT fansite, so I'll have to pay attention........

What time does the dons cove game kick off tonight?

7.30pm

You heading along?

Been up at Balgownie tis week as my boy is taking part in the Dons Soccer School. Seen the team training. Looking good and super fit! Soutar fair gets down to the ball quick and unlike Clangers, in the right direction. This new boy Jeffrey is looking a bit sharp like...

7.30pm

You heading along?

Been up at Balgownie tis week as my boy is taking part in the Dons Soccer School. Seen the team training. Looking good and super fit! Soutar fair gets down to the ball quick and unlike Clangers, in the right direction. This new boy Jeffrey is looking a bit sharp like...

Yup, me and 4 others are heading along.

Should be a decent crowd as it's the full Dons team.

Then up to Buckie on Sunday for that game too (plus i'll get the folks to feed me.... crafty).

Never a dull moment at Newcastle - apart from when they are playing football. This morning they were raided by the police after an investigation into football corruption. That is all i know so far.

As were Rangers and Portsmouth.

The currant buns and nook'ssel are clearly over Boumsong, but what about Pompey? Were there dodgy dealings as they imported the population of central Africa to act as their strikeforce?

Going to Borough Briggs tonight to see Elgin City v. ICT :love:

According to the Official ICT website we have 4 trialists training with us at the moment, including UEFA Cup finalist Marius Niculae. Loads of rumours that he's playing tonight :love::love::love::love::love:

NICULAE?? the romanian ex sporting lisbon?

CM 99/00 LEGEND

never in a million years

surely not?

The very same :love:

If you can be arsed reading all the information/inside 'scoops'/gossip etc, there is a whole thread from the CaleyThistle Messageboard here

'Inverness hold Niculae talks'

Here's the lowdown on all our trialists... (not a dutchman in sight!)

International Trials are usually held in the Hague, but this week the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium will play host to football trials featuring up to 7 players of 5 different nationalities as Charlie Christie gets back to work after a successful pre-season Italy trip and seeks to strengthen the defence and forward line for the coming season and possibly add to the U19 squad for the future.

Marius Niculae (fwd): Romanian International striker Marius Niculae (26) is possibly the most high profile of the names and certainly one that has been discussed at length in the press and on here. According to various websites (and a taxi driver on the forums !) he is back in Inverness with a view to tying up a deal that was looking less and less likely a week ago.

Dominique Taboga (def): Dominique (24) is one of two Austrians who were due to come on trial prior to the club trip to Italy but this was postponed after he was injured. He currently plays for Austrian second division side SC Kapfenberg.

Benedict Bauer (fwd): Benny (20) is a young striker who is currently on the books with Austrian side Admira Wacker who – it will please some fans to know – play in a strip that is half red and half black ! In a scenario that seems to mirror at least some of the events at Hearts, an Iranian businessman bought the club in 2004 and has installed several Iranian players as well as a well known Iranian manager as part of the club executive.

Martin Pusic (fwd): Martin Pusic (19) comes on trial from Austria Vienna, the same side that gave Filip Sebo to the SPL. He doesn’t appear on their squad lists and very little information is available elsewhere so we assume he may be in one of their youth sides.

Phil Marsh (def/fwd): On the face of it, Phil (20) appears to be an intriguing trialist and if he is any good he may be worthy of snapping up. Phil started his career at the Manchester United academy as a striker but during the 2005/06 season was moved to the right back position in the reserve team where – according to the Man Utd website – he became an “integral part of United’s backline as the reserves stormed to the treble”. He appeared once for the full Man Utd team in a Carling Cup match against Crewe where he started alongside Alan Smith but was subbed at half time.

Andrew McNulty (gk): With Michael Fraser installed as the #1 choice and Ally Ridgers as backup, Andrew would appear to be one who is being looked at with a view to the future. There is no information available about the 17 year old Irishman

The Mystery Frenchman (def): Who he is, nobody knows ... well Charlie and Graeme Bennett do but they arent saying .... as discussions are apparently ongoing .... watch this space

Holy shit! We've got him :up:

Caley pull off Niculae coup - Inverness CT - TEAMtalk Football News

This could be the best or the worst thing to happen to us ever. Hopefully we'll get 1 or 2 brilliant season's out of him before he joins a Championship/Premiership team. No doubt he'll either get injured or get snapped up by the old firm though...

Think i might cream myself if he's at Borough Briggs tonight :love:

i'm impressed this thread has reached over 12 pages well before the new season starts!

and three cambridge games live on the telly in the first couple of months of the season!

Could be a good season for you if you've signed James Beattie!! Or is that just a lookalikey in your avatar?