aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

Aberdeen have just signed Derek Young on a free :(

Can only assume he's in as cover so won't get a game. Strange signing though.

You're shitting me, right!! That can't be true :L

In other news, things are getting a bit heated in Egypt

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=149213&command=displayContent&sourceNode=149206&contentPK=17907132&folderPk=85709&pNodeId=149229

If the ref can be arsed submitting his game report Clark and Barry Nick are out of the game against the Arabs

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're shitting me, right!! That can't be true :L

In other news, things are getting a bit heated in Egypt

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=149213&command=displayContent&sourceNode=149206&contentPK=17907132&folderPk=85709&pNodeId=149229

If the ref can be arsed submitting his game report Clark and Barry Nick are out of the game against the Arabs

Oh it's true:

Derek Young signs | Aberdeen | News | Club News | Club News

Apparently Barry Nic was sent off for going to check Maguire was OK after he got lamped by one of the Egyptians.

And yet David Rowson excites you?

But yes, I can see why others would find amusement in this one...

If it's a straight chioce between the two, then yes, Rowson is by far more exciting, his workrate is miles ahead. Young was fucking useless last year, only scored about four or five, and lost interest when things began to go tits up.

That's really cheered me up.......

Haha!! Kevin McNaughton left this on Leon Mike's page

enjoyin it down here mate , we just signed fowler and the other new signings are decent so might have a chance of prom next year if all goes to plan.cardiff is a nice city too mate good night life too ha ha . what u doin with yourself ? have u hung up the boots or still playin?

Possibly the worst signing Jimmy could have made. That's three straight seasons in a row he's made panic signings that will eat up wages.

I mean Derek fucking Young? I would have Darren back, but Derek Young? He's one of the worst "strikers" i've ever seen play for the Dons.

Guest DustyDeviada

Derek Young, WTF?

You can have Russell Duncan and Rory McCallister if you want!!

Duncan's a good player, and I'm not just saying that because he's a distand relation of mine.

Brewster and Young to start against the Arabs? I'll give odds of 7/4...

Its not too late to get Crawford, Muirhead, Darren Young and McGuire back too...

I'll give odds of zero. Young won't play this season unless there is a bought of flu or something! Just cut it out - we're still trying to ocme to terms with this!!!!!!!

I'd have McGuire and Darren Young back in a flash but Muirhead and Crawful are just a sick joke!

I'll give odds of zero. Young won't play this season unless there is a bought of flu or something! Just cut it out - we're still trying to ocme to terms with this!!!!!!!

I'd have McGuire and Darren Young back in a flash

Really? They'd be better than Derek Young, but I don't know if I'd have them back in a flash. Neither are better than what's at the club just now.

I think Young's a bad signing, but he hasn't cost us anything and his wages must surely be peanuts after his time at Partick. So as long he's only used as last gasp cover then I'm not too bothered. Honestly.

At least that's the mantra I'm going to be reciting to myself until the start of the season.

and his wages must surely be peanuts after his time at Partick.

I know what you're saying, but Young was signed by a (relatively) big spending spree under DC, and was easily one of our highest earners. He won't be on a king's ransom, but he won't be on peanuts either.

Schadenfreude is a wonderful thing!

Isnt his brother married to the chairman's daughter anyway? Explains a lot.......

All the Dons fans i know slag off their manager/keeper/top scorer etc etc, so think of what abuse Derek will get :popcorn:

Definitely, it'll be an absolute character assassination.

I just read earlier on this thread that you guys got Marius Niculae :s

He was utter gash in the Bundesliga last season, hope he ups his game a bit for you guys. I dunno if he was just playing out of his depth or he didn't suit the side he was playing in tactically but he looked like he had the touch of a baby elephant as well (not that it's stopped Didier Drogba's game though ;) ).

Definitely, it'll be an absolute character assassination.

I just read earlier on this thread that you guys got Marius Niculae :s

He was utter gash in the Bundesliga last season, hope he ups his game a bit for you guys. I dunno if he was just playing out of his depth or he didn't suit the side he was playing in tactically but he looked like he had the touch of a baby elephant as well (not that it's stopped Didier Drogba's game though ;) ).

To be fair he only played 6 games. Quite hard to get into a rhythm without any run in a team. He'll get that at ICT, along with a big boost in fitness level; and with Dean McDonald I fancy him to do really well. Going to the Ross County game on Saturday to see what he's like.

You going to the Dundee United v. Barca game tomorrow night I take it??