aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

Nae imagination and pish, deep balls into the box against 2 giant centre backs. We wouldn't have scored all day. I thought Seve was just as good as Anderson at the back so wouldn't be surprised to see him playing there all season. Is Touzani injured at the moment?

Lovell didn't do any better than Mackie so I don't think his place is guaranteed. Young and Brewster anyone?!

Clark and Smith were crap. McNamara played alright I thought.

de Visscher's head looks too big for his body and seems to weigh him down. He didn't look like the spritely winger I had imagined but it's early days.

In summary, we were just pish.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to laugh at Calderwood's ability to make himself look like a complete idiot:

He throws his toys out of the pram when Considine gets left out of Scotland U21's and not handed the captaincy. Less than 2 months later is is getting torn into him and saying he lacks experience and gives away "schoolboy errors" - hardly the kind of guy who should be captaining Scotland's young troops isn't it, Jimmy? The "you wouldn't see Weir or McManus make an error like that" comment annoys me so much. Worry about your own team, Jimmy, and if you're going to llok at other teams here's one for you:

"you wouldn't see Gordon Strachan playing his most influential midfielder at centre back."

Cooncil Mole reports today that Hart has been offered exactly the same contract as he signed 2 years ago. Don't be surprised if he moves on. Another Calderwood classic - moan all season that he is the best right in Scotland and should be playing in the national team then offer him a pathetic contract and expect him to stay. Maybe if we never signed the likes of Young and sub keepers that will never play we could offer a better contract to the important players like Hart. Also, many people within Pittodrie are blaming the Egypt fiasco for Saturday's defeat - the players are all still knackered. The best laugh of all is that he played narrow in midfield on Saturday to "allow the full backs to get forward" - what a joke - that never happened once!

The best laugh of all is that he played narrow in midfield on Saturday to "allow the full backs to get forward" - what a joke - that never happened once!

Hart got forward quite a lot, at least in the second half. Problem was his delivery was woeful. A narrow 4 in midfield in my opinion only really works if you have players who're capable of playing in pretty tight spaces and Aberdeen's midfield just aren't/weren't. Another disastrous product of Tango's Tactical Tombola.

What are the odds on Tangoman getting the Spanish Archer this season? Might be worth a punt.....

They'll probably just let his contract run down instead, since its up (i think) next summer.

Been hearing loads of rumours of Willie Miller falling out with him over the Egypt farce and the signing of Derek Young.

Jesus I've got some hangover.

Absolute fucking disgrace.

After all the paper talk this week and the thousands who turned up you'd think they'd have managed more than one fucking attack in the entire game. Against ten bloody men.

I met Karim Touzani after the game - highlight of the day.

Calderwood in Friday's Evening - "We've blown it before, but not this time - we are so prepared." Load of fucking shite. We've done it again. If we don't beat Hearts in a week we'll be struggling already.

Pre - season must have been a real success. They'd have been as well just practicing stringing one move together in Seaton Park for all the good it seemed to do them.

And Calderwood's got the cheek to have a go at Considine.

me to! i was walking down the stairs next to him in the jerry kerr stand. nice bloke.

i agree FUCKING DISGRACE. considine should be FIRED (well, not fired but slaped)

Oh and by the way I can top meeting Touzani, Paul Hegarty came up to us (standing in the queue at the turnstiles at an all-ticket game) and offered us a spare ticket). Seems to be what he's doing now.

I think his official title is "caretaker ticket tout" but he's hoping to be given it on a permanent basis.

hearts were really poor in the edinburgh derby last night - they just never looked like scoring - hibs could be this years suprise package looks like collins has made a couple of shrewd signings but time will tell - its a marathon not a sprint!!!

which makes this sundays dons v hearts game a 6 pointer already!

i agree FUCKING DISGRACE. considine should be FIRED (well, not fired but slaped)

Er, I was being sarcastic - I can't see how Jimmy would rate him so highly as to captain the Scottish under 21 team, then blame his error for the defeat. If Jimmy had played a semi - attacking formation with width we would have scored a few goals ourselves and not have to worry about conceding one.

You can't pin the blame on one young player. No slaps required - he must learn from it and continue to mature into a top class defender in the mould of Russell Anderson, hopefully. Getting direct, public criticism from his gaffer will do him no help at all.

Guest idol_wild
The best laugh of all is that he played narrow in midfield on Saturday to "allow the full backs to get forward" - what a joke - that never happened once!

I stated before that the narrow midfield was a poor decision - but the fullbacks did try to press forward, especially in the second period. Michael Hart in particular looked as keen to go forward and beat men as I've ever seen him. In my opinion, he consistently delivered accurate deep balls to the back post, unfortunately Gary Kenneth and Darren Dods were well drilled. They soaked up everything with ease. We didn't even have anyone at the edge of the box looking to pick up the scraps...despite the 879 centre-midfielders we played with. Deep balls from the by-line were never likely to be effective against any Craig Levien side. Clever, fast flowing counter-attacks were needed, but we couldn't do that after Willo Flood was dismissed as we had to take the game to United.

It was just a tactical shambles. I do, however, have faith in Calderwood. We'll be top four or five this season.

I stated before that the narrow midfield was a poor decision - but the fullbacks did try to press forward, especially in the second period. Michael Hart in particular looked as keen to go forward and beat men as I've ever seen him. In my opinion, he consistently delivered accurate deep balls to the back post, unfortunately Gary Kenneth and Darren Dods were well drilled. They soaked up everything with ease. We didn't even have anyone at the edge of the box looking to pick up the scraps...despite the 879 centre-midfielders we played with. Deep balls from the by-line were never likely to be effective against any Craig Levien side. Clever, fast flowing counter-attacks were needed, but we couldn't do that after Willo Flood was dismissed as we had to take the game to United.

It was just a tactical shambles. I do, however, have faith in Calderwood. We'll be top four or five this season.

That about sums up my feelings. I'm not quite on the CALDERWOOD MUST GO band wagon. Hart could have pinged those balls in all afternoon to no avail.

Another thing JC said was that too many of his big players didn't perform. Bit of a buck pass and if that's the case surely it's up to him to make them perform.

Just back from my lunchtime game at Strikers and the Dons first team were training on the big pitch just before our game.

When I got there, they were doing Beep Test running, which involves the team running in a line back an forth between points (appox 20m apart), the object is to get to each end just as the time goes "Beep". The timer is on a decreasing frequency for up to 21 cycles (or until everyone is fecked), so it gets expotentially harder.

I was shocked to see some young loon drop out before 10 and most of the others drop out before 15, leaving....................40-odd-year-old Craig Brewster and another couple of youngsters to finish it up.

Having said that, I have no idea what kind of beasting Tangoman and the crew had given them beforehand. I know we used to do Beep Test last at training - coz you wee fit for feck-all else after it!

Guest idol_wild

Another thing JC said was that too many of his big players didn't perform. Bit of a buck pass and if that's the case surely it's up to him to make them perform.

Thing is; he considers Chris Clark to be one of his big players. A man who has little more than sheer workrate in his locker. In fact, I'd say Chris Clark is the most limited player in the Aberdeen first team. And given what I have against Michael Hart, that's really saying something.

For some reason I'm quietly confident we can play well against Hearts on Sunday, though.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
At least Dunfermline lost. *ducks*

I'd keep the head down a wee while yet if I was you, cunty.

Christ, we're in the relegation play-off! Hope that's a wake-up call, as if we needed any reminder why they call the Firstie Alcatraz...