aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 'mole' at the game said both he and Baird were immense, and it should have been about 8 or 9-1. Dizzying stuff.......

He really impressed me in pre-season. Gutted he went out on loan instead of Rory McAllister.

In other ICT news: We've signed former Chelsea defender Steven Watt on a 6 month - 12 month loan.

I remember playing against him when I was in Elgin City's Under 14 side. The Banff team walked out, all about 5 foot tall, apart from Watt who was about 6 foot 1 and had almost a full beard. "He's never 14!!" was our cry...... Their manager replied "You're right, he's 13".

One of the best players I've ever played against.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
also going to miss the falkirk game an all as we are away :(

That's a blessing in disguise, make sure Links gets Rentokil in after that mob fuck off.

I'm sure you all saw the P&J today with Jimmy's rants about the under - 21 situation. Personally I think this rule suits us, as we have plenty of capable youngsters. They'll just never get the chance as Jimmy could never find a place for them in his team of favourites. McNamara getting injured is a major, major blow for us if he can't play on Sunday. He's become an instant classic. Anyway, Cooncil mole has reported today after the last batch of good info:

Hart is still pissed off at his contract offer (same as last season, basically) so if things don't change he will definitely leave at the end of the season. Oh dear. In related news, McNamara became the highest paid player when he signed.

The plan in defence is the get Richie Byrne fit again as soon as possible to get him in at centre back so Seve can move back into midfield. This leaves the question who would be dropped and how does de Visscher fit into this? He would have to drop at least two "favourites" (see the newst point to reinforce this) to accomodate this. And although Byrne is pretty nails, not scared of a challenge and is a good header of the ball - in centre back? Hmmmm. Anyway, that's what I was told.

Jimmy will never drop Chris Clark. He said to the reporter after being asked why Clark still plays despite being, well, shite: "He'd work all day for me - I'd never leave him out." You can just hear him coming away with this sort of shit. It's the second most obvious thing after Seve in Defence that needs to be changed.

The Main Stand is in a state and the temporary works haven't even papered over the cracks - It is in a desperate state and needs repaired soon. This, despite the club reporting another drop in revenue - 1.5m in the red for last year.

Wish I had heard some sort of good news, but I'm afraid that's what I've heard today from the Cooncil mole.

Second round diddy cup draw:

Airdrie United v Arbroath

East Stirlingshire v Queen's Park

Montrose v Brechin City

Peterhead v Morton

Ross County v St. Johnstone

Partick Thistle v Berwick Rangers

Clyde v Dunfermline Athletic

Forfar Athletic v Ayr United

I think that's a helpful tie, but I said that about Albion Bastard Rovers last year.

Montrose - Brechin should be a tasty one.....

Guest Jake Wifebeater
and good luck to dunfermline in europe tonight!

Dunfermline 1-1 Hacken

And good night to Dunfermline in Europe. Just as long as Hacken issue a programme...

What a hassle getting tickets for Scotland v. Lithuania on public sale this morning :swearing: Luckily some kind hearted soul on Tartan Army messageboard posted a super secret number to phone, which got me straight through. That was after hitting the redial button on 3 phones on speaker phone over 100 times, all phoning different numbers for SECC.

Next year i'm forcing all my mates to join the SSC so i don't have to deal with all this hassle again.

Anyone else going?? 8 of us heading down, before heading to Paris for the game v. France :love:

0870 013 2652 is the number which got through much quicker than any of the published ones, if anyone is trying to get through.