aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that a Sunderland fan posted on one of the AFC messageboards that Anderson was the worst player to ever play for Sunderland and that he hopes we get relegated for selling him to them.

probably aberdeen-mad, it's just full of big kids arguing all the time wouldn;t read much into that to be honest

just some lad going fishing :sleeping:

I've decided to not support a team any more. Opted to support Brewster instead... Hope he shows other players and managers a thing or two, this time round. 40 yr old and the best/smartest player on the pitch two weeks in a row for the Dons. Very telling... 40 (yr's old) the new 25, or so I am telling myself. :up:

You can join me in Pittodrie's away end on the 20th October then Jim ;)

I'm heading down to Pittodrie to build my own 'independent' stand. Season ticket is only a fiver. However, I may still have to use my Dons season ticket as my loon may not be so forgiving. Although he is a tad off football at the moment for some reason, what with his own school team getting a hammering yesterday in a friendly. Poor kid needs some positive football and soon, don't know how long he will have to wait though...

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Dunfermline 2-1 Stirling Albion

Guess I'm in a minority on here in that I'm happy with the weekend football. St. Mingin' sneaking a last-minute winner against the F****** Minks was the icing on the cake. Pars now in the dizzy heights of 6th place and Lavvy rock-bottom! Renewed optimism for Thursday...

Aberdeen's in the middle of a crisis just now and the sooner the clowns in power realise this the sooner the mess can be sorted out. Oh, silly me for forgetting how we scraped third place last season - that makes every bad result this season null & void.

Another shocker yesterday.

Lovell by now should have handed in his transfer request. If i was him I'd stick it up Jimmy's arse till it came out of his gob. I mean, bringing on Derek Young just must have been the final straw for the man. Mackie and Miller who are both playing nothing short of God awful is bad enough, but Derek Young? Enough is enough. Even though he scored twice yesterday I just thought it was the most Calderwood of Calderwood things to do in playing Brewster. Not planning for the future or trying to get a partnership that will gel together playing well or giving your best striker a game - just giving his mate a final runout. Granted, he scored twice, but Lovell might have too and I'd much rather we found a prolific strike partnership than play players who are going out the door.

And what the fuck was he thinking of not putting McNamara in the middle for the all important bit of stability. experience and common sense? Our defence was camped in their own penalty box when it was 2 - 3 so their goal was inevitable. Where were our fast break tactics when we needed them?

All in all, another shocker, but never mind, i'm sure we'll be reminded in tomorrow's Evening how we'll be "up there at the end of the season" and there were "many positives to be taken from the game." Throwing away a 2 goal lead away from home has no positives no matter how you look at it. Bad tactics and poor performances from exhausted players have everything to do with it though.

We'd better start winning soon or it's gonna get nasty.

I heard that a Sunderland fan posted on one of the AFC messageboards that Anderson was the worst player to ever play for Sunderland and that he hopes we get relegated for selling him to them.

Sounds like a typical Mackem to me. Seriously, along with Spurs fans ("Berbatov is twice as good as Beardsley and Shearer were in their prime," actual quote) they've got to be the most deluded bunch of knee-jerkers around.

Guest DustyDeviada

Having seen the horrendous "tackle" that Anderson made giving away a penalty five minutes into his Premiership debut, I'm not surprised the Sunderland fans are sceptical.

To be fair though I can't remember him ever doing anything as bad in a Dons shirt.

Having seen the horrendous "tackle" that Anderson made giving away a penalty five minutes into his Premiership debut, I'm not surprised the Sunderland fans are sceptical.

To be fair though I can't remember him ever doing anything as bad in a Dons shirt.

Maybe, for the time being, a bit out of his depth but will come good. He looked nervous for a big chunk of the Scotland match but seemed to be back to his old self in the last 25mins or so.

Guest DustyDeviada

So, according to the paper today Steve Lovell could be on the way out of Pittodrie to be replaced by Scott Dobie.

Nothing against Dobie coming in, but why get rid of the best finsiher we have at the club? Calderwood must be on crack.

In other news, Anderson is set to start for Sunderland tonight in the Carling Cup.

So, according to the paper today Steve Lovell could be on the way out of Pittodrie to be replaced by Scott Dobie.

Nothing against Dobie coming in, but why get rid of the best finsiher we have at the club? Calderwood must be on crack.

In other news, Anderson is set to start for Sunderland tonight in the Carling Cup.

Saw the Lovell bit in the press. Maybe something going on behind the scenes and he is out of favour. Him not playing and Darren 'butter feet' Mackie starting every game is just plain odd, and annoying.

Guest DustyDeviada
Saw the Lovell bit in the press. Maybe something going on behind the scenes and he is out of favour. Him not playing and Darren 'butter feet' Mackie starting every game is just plain odd, and annoying.

Not to mention taking Derek Young off the bench in favour of Lovell, WTF?

I can remember him getting booed as a young right back, before he switched to central defence. He certainly made quite a few errors back then.

Hope he adjusts down there quickly though.

Just read it too.

If this happens I hope Jimmy's sacking is forthcoming.

I just really hope it's not true. But it seems Lovell is beyond saving now. Another case of good player, but the face doesnae fit in Jimmy's clique?

Just read it too.

If this happens I hope Jimmy's sacking is forthcoming.

I just really hope it's not true. But it seems Lovell is beyond saving now. Another case of good player, but the face doesnae fit in Jimmy's clique?

I hope that the (getting frustrated) fans, who pay good money to see their team, get a good explanation of what thhe hell is going on. The numbers at Pittodrie are obviously going to drop due this lack lustre and fairly uninspiring start to the season. Things seem very unsettled down there.