aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

So how come the Dons went from being a super fit pre-season team 'as good as they have ever been' to only managing 60 mins before collectively hitting a wall?!

:)

I don't think the problem is physical fitness - in the two games I've seen, the team seemed to have switched off mentally in the 2nd half.

Also, Tangoman seems to have no "Plan B".

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id likely lose a few quid but I'm trying to be an optimistic Aberdonian. Fechtin against centuries of local cognitive character development here...

:)

You read Calderwood having a go at Aberdonians in the P&J yesterday?

"The real winners come from the other end."

He could at least have the decency to do it in his fucking Daily Ranger column instead.

Livingston 1-1 Dunfermline

Ach, an away point, guess it'll do.

And what time is it?

Seven past Falkirk! Ahahahaha!

house points for joke of the day! not the best start for dunfermline but it is a marathon not a sprint. problem when you get relegated (and i should know supporting a team who are prone to regular relegation) everyone is out to beat you as your usually favourites to go straight back up.

meanwhile in tinpot league land, cambridge can go top of the league tonight if we dispose of newly promoted farsley celtic at the abbey tonight. its all very well beating teams favoured for promotion as we have done but its these 'home bankers' we have to win if we are to put in any challenge this season. they'll come and defend and play for the point cheered on by about 20 away fans!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
neil warnock be rumoured to be in the running for the vacant inverness caley thistle job!

Oh Christ!

Others touted include Craig Brewster and, err, Steven Pressley. That'll be an erudite team talk...

Oh Christ!

Others touted include Craig Brewster and, err, Steven Pressley. That'll be an erudite team talk...

Steven "That's a Tall Ask" Pressley

Kevin "Another Crack At The Cherry" Gallacher

Charlie "Get Yer Orgination Soartit Oot At the Back" Nicholas

Willie "That Wuz The Best Goal Ah Ever Saw" Miller

Alex errr, emmm, errr, ayyyy, errm, McLeish

Paul "Mental Intit?" McStay

Yes, footballers are indeed a fairly thick bunch - especially some of the the fucking lu-lu's I played with and against over the years.

The manager at one of my clubs (more clubs than Tiger Woods, me) was especially "erudite".

Inspirational monologues such as....

Pre match - "Ah wahnt 110% aff every een o' yiz or yiz kin fuck off"!

Half-time - "Get it soartit oot at the back or yiz kin, kin, kin, fuckin' hingway....." o_O (still haven't worked that one out)

Tactical - "Midfield - spread oot in a bunch", "Diesel, keep thae high ba's low" :up:

...and regardless of what was happening on the pitch, the Big Man could be relied upon to shout "Howzay?" every 2 to 3 minutes (I belive it's the NE version of "Affside, Ref")

God, I miss playing so much.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Hate to say it Diesel, but the worst offender is your own Jim "Eh, basically, eh, as I say, eh, at the end of the day, eh, it's about 3 points" Jefferies.

fa wiz at the scotland match?

compared to sundays "pulsating encounter" (copyright teletext), it wiz right gash.

i found it difficult to enthusiastically cheers boyd's goal. which probably says more about me than him.

Me - it was shite.

Clearly, Pittodrie is the problem, given that the last three games I've endured there were equally gash.

Boyd, a Scottish-born and Scottish-based player, put the ball in the back of the net (at the end of the day) and that is good enough for me. Plus he had the courtesy to donate half his appalingly low transfer fee to the youth team at Rugby Park before he left us for the Huns. So Boomer is OK with me.

Gordon - Not much to do, but plucked the ball out of the air with ease. Solid

Anderson - Pish

Brown - Pish

Miller - Pish

O'Connor - Fucking Pish

Caldwell - Pish

McFadden - Pish

Fletcher - Tried to play football, good, intelligent midfielder

The rest (I didn't have my specs so couldn't make them out) were probably Pish as well.

McElevey (?) - Looked useful

Hate to say it Diesel, but the worst offender is your own Jim "Eh, basically, eh, as I say, eh, at the end of the day, eh, it's about 3 points" Jefferies.

I'd have to agree, but as long as he's making honey out of pigs shite at Rugby Park, he can mumble all he likes :up:

What does annoy me is when he refers to "Kilmarnock did well" or "They did well" in the 3rd person as if he was a neutral.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I'd have to agree, but as long as he's making honey out of pigs shite at Rugby Park, he can mumble all he likes :up:

I don't know how he does it either, the constant cherry-picking by the Mould Firm and the kids keep coming through and doing the business. Everyone harps on about Hibs' kids, what about you lot?

Plus he had the courtesy to donate half his appalingly low transfer fee to the youth team at Rugby Park before he left us for the Huns. So Boomer is OK with me.

fair point well made. still looks like a fuckin weegie though.

and i though macfadden put in a decent shift last night.

i assume there were highlights on TV? that would've taken 58 seconds.

fair point well made. still looks like a fuckin weegie though.

and i though macfadden put in a decent shift last night.

i assume there were highlights on TV? that would've taken 58 seconds.

The passing was atrocious, the movement non-existent.

To be fair to Faddy, he did work hard, but all for naught.

Boyd's from Tarbolton - a mining village between Killie and Ayr and like most of these cousin-fucker towns in Ayrshire, it has a Lodge and a Rangers Supporters club. So Boyd's weedgie-ism was fated for him I'm afraid.

Guest DustyDeviada

Well, I enjoyed myself, good enough entertainment for a tenner.

A lot better than the rubbish I sat through at St James' Park on Saturday in the so-called "best league in the world", paying 43 for the privilege. :down:

Well, I enjoyed myself, good enough entertainment for a tenner.

A lot better than the rubbish I sat through at St James' Park on Saturday in the so-called "best league in the world", paying 43 for the privilege. :down:

At least we got a well-worked goal last night. 43 for a 0-0 snoozer? Fuck thon up the hole min!

So this is what it feels like to be a Dons fan.

Love the club. Hate the manager. :swearing:

... well I did hear Special Brew comes back up occasionally. <- Rubbish joke, I know.

Fingers crossed the Arabs don't give any more of their Part-Time fans the chance to gloat today ;)