aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DustyDeviada
Couldn't disagree more. I struggle to think of anyone other than Owen and Van Nistelrooy who can rival his instincts in terms of the positions he takes up in the box.

Darren Mackie.

:laughing:

You could at least have said Lovell. As for Makaay, he's a great striker but I wouldn't put him in the same class as the three I mentioned. Nae far off it mind.

I know what you mean, but his goal/game ratio for Deportivo/Bayern are pretty damn good. His inability to replicate that at International level is his only drawback in my opinion.

Aberdeen are good eh?

Do they do refunds on season tickets?!:swearing::swearing:

I'd actually go for that if only they did.

Any game would have seemed a bit dull after Wednesday night but that was just horrendous. Thought we were alright in the 1st half and unlucky to be 2-0 down but the second half was shit. Nae fucking imagination. They didn't seem to take any impetus from Smith's goal either. Shite Shite Shite. I don't think Dnipro will be quaking in their boots.

And can anyone explain to me why Maguire and Mackie went on instead of De Visscher or this Aluko.? Nothing to lose by that point or was JC saving their blushes?

There's a lot of selection and positional questions to be asked. Maybe Aluko and De Visscher are even shitter? Who knows. I almost don't care anymore.

There's a lot of selection and positional questions to be asked. Maybe Aluko and De Visscher are even shitter? Who knows. I almost don't care anymore.

Same here...

Only positive from today was that my son had a dodgy gut and missed seeing the match. The lucky bugger got to stay home and play the Xbox 360 instead.

My sons school team get battered 'extreme numbers-nil every game (would be more if not for Jnr's developing Zander qualities) and now the Dons are shit. I'm retiring from football!

I had the misfortune to be at Pittodrie today, my wee brother was 'Player of the Day' at some football school thing over the summer, he got two free tickets to this game. Aberdeen were so, so bad. Lovell and Miller have to be one of the poorest striking partnerships for a while at Aberdeen. There's no-one in the midfield who has that killer instinct, no-one who can produce a moment of magic to get a goal out of nothing. Thank god I got in for free!

I had the misfortune to be at Pittodrie today, my wee brother was 'Player of the Day' at some football school thing over the summer, he got two free tickets to this game. Aberdeen were so, so bad. Lovell and Miller have to be one of the poorest striking partnerships for a while at Aberdeen. There's no-one in the midfield who has that killer instinct, no-one who can produce a moment of magic to get a goal out of nothing. Thank god I got in for free!

There was some better football on show with the kids at the soccer school than there was this afternoon...

First things first, Chris Clark at left back - NO. Hart and McNamara were the wrong way round, and I don't blame Derek Young for being bollocks, didn't exactly have high hopes for him having seen him last time round. I do blame Calderwood though.

For me, lack of movement, mostly from the midfield but also from the strikers was the biggest problem. Every time Severin would get the ball he'd be closed down before Smith, Nicholson or Clark or even the full backs would really give him an option, so he was forced to go right back to the centre-backs, who after playing knocking it about a bit would be forced into a long ball. Which would be fine if Nicholson and Smith, particularly Nicholson, who's supposed to be good at it, would commit themselves to getting forward and supporting the front two properly, they were just so isolated again.

It was bad, it was depressing, but on another day we could well have scored four if the finishing hadn't been so piss poor.

If anyone on here was one of the folk around me who boo-ed Darren Mackie, get a fucking grip.

Motherwell goalie did make a couple of good saves in fairness... Doesn't help that it was 90% duff though.

I see on on a couple of other forums that Severin's captaincy is being questioned. I'm two minds but falling 'for' the argument... Need a captain that will rally the boys instead of standing sulking, and being a little off the game. Hart For Captian campain!

Motherwell goalie did make a couple of good saves in fairness... Doesn't help that it was 90% duff though.

I see on on a couple of other forums that Severin's captaincy is being questioned. I'm two minds but falling 'for' the argument... Need a captain that will rally the boys instead of standing sulking, and being a little off the game. Hart For Captian campain!

Jackie Mac for Captain in my opinion. Push him into the CB position and allow him to marshall the team from there.

I'm rapidly losing interest. If the manager is going to make joke team selections and play half the team out of position every week why should the fans bother?

I don't think will for much longer. I'm honestly fed up. Trudging down there mid winter to watch that gubbins doesn't fill me with glee. We persist though because you never know but unfortunately that statement is losing out as we haven't seen anything worthy so far. Shove the bloody reserves on. At least they are winning games.

Zander gave 100% + yesterday, he was everywhere. He was up our end on the final whistle and looked truly gutted rather than embarrased as most of the others should be. Took him a bit to gather himself and head in... He must have been pissed off!

Are the players allowed to slap sense into their manager? CONSITENCY FOR FUCK SAKE!!!!! Let the players get used to 'a' postion so they can stamp their mark on it FOR FUCK SAKE! Hardly rocket science is it... Orange bloody sunaholic... Too good for the SPL eh... Pah!

I don't think will for much longer. I'm honestly fed up. Trudging down there mid winter to watch that gubbins doesn't fill me with glee. We persist though because you never know but unfortunately that statement is losing out as we haven't seen anything worthy so far. Shove the bloody reserves on. At least they are winning games.

Zander gave 100% + yesterday, he was everywhere. He was up our end on the final whistle and looked truly gutted rather than embarrased as most of the others should be. Took him a bit to gather himself and head in... He must have been pissed off!

Are the players allowed to slap sense into their manager? CONSITENCY FOR FUCK SAKE!!!!! Let the players get used to 'a' postion so they can stamp their mark on it FOR FUCK SAKE! Hardly rocket science is it... Orange bloody sunaholic... Too good for the SPL eh... Pah!

"Trudging" is the word. Season ticket trudging cos you've paid for it and as you say you never know.....

But no, it seems to be always as pish, if not pisher than 2 weeks before.

Obviously Jimmy has more experience than us in football and football management but from my perspective there seems to be obvious things that he is missing.