aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see Russell Anderson making his mark on the Premiership today.:rolleyes:

Yep, lets hope thats not his first and last outing in the prem!! Gotta feel sorry for the poor loon!!

So hows the Dons goin to do the day?

I hope Seve gets put back into midfield where he belongs and that Lovell isn't made to be a lone striker again!!!

so today's footy:

United lose to City in a game they really needed a point from. only saw the 1st half but saw a lot of missed chances from a team that should really be doing better. City look like a different team now.

Aberdeen play a great 45mins against a Celtic side that didn't look to be all there. Then decided they weren't gonna bother coming out for the 2nd half and threw it all away. 2nd goal was a great example of our defence falling asleep at a crucial moment and the 3rd was a piss take. Darren Mackie once again showed no signs of why exactly he stills gets on the team sheet every week by missing a perfect opportunity to head home an excellent cross. Only way he could've missed that was with his eyes closed. Strachan got sent off for being a mad wee raj.

Liverpool comfortably beat chelsea 1-0 after a beautiful finish from Torres after Gerrard set him up with an inch perfect through ball. Unfortunately nobody told Rob Styles who decided to give Florent Malouda (who looks to be every bit the diving cunt that Drogba was 2 seasons ago) a penalty for his blatant dive which Lampard then slotted home. He then proceeded to have a complete shocker for the last half hour, should have sent off 2 men (Essien, Ben Haim) and let Chelsea make his decisions for the rest of the game. Mind you, 90mins is a long time, maybe he just got a bit tired?

Never saw Arsenal - Blackburn. I did, however, see the absolute shocker that Lehmann let in to allow Blackburn to draw. Fucking muppet.

Aberdeen play a great 45mins against a Celtic side that didn't look to be all there. Then decided they weren't gonna bother coming out for the 2nd half and threw it all away. 2nd goal was a great example of our defence falling asleep at a crucial moment and the 3rd was a piss take. Darren Mackie once again showed no signs of why exactly he stills gets on the team sheet every week by missing a perfect opportunity to head home an excellent cross. Only way he could've missed that was with his eyes closed. Strachan got sent off for being a mad wee raj.

Such a frustrating match... I just don't get how a team can perform so well for one half then practically no-show the second. The first half was great though... players flying into challenges, Seve bossing midfield, Brewster proving a lot of dipshits wrong with a very good shift up-front, and then the second... Jesus Christ. In stark contrast to the first half, our midfielders looked shit-scared to make a challenge. Karim Touzani looked god fucking awful too, although I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time because he's probably not as fit as the other lads.

Also Mackie... why the hell does Jimmy keep playing this jester? Alright, so he's nippy and he makes a nuisance of himself, but how the hell did he not manage to get on the end of that cross? Any other one of our forwards would have buried the header and probably won us the game.

Still, we can at least take heart from the first half performance and know that there's a good team in the making. All it's going to take is a little bit of tinkering up front and in the middle and we're sorted I reckon.

Oh, and the Toon drew with Villa. Not a great weekend for me :down:.

i just can't make up my mind wether the dons aren't fit enough at the moment of they just cant be arsed trying for 90 whole mins. I pray it's the former.

With you on Brewster. Thought he played very well in the first half today and hopefully did a lot to prove to his doubters why he's still getting a game. Compared to Mackie he looked different class, that's not really saying much though I suppose. I just hope this De Vischer lad gets back soon so we can play some sort of 4-3-3 that doesn't involve Mackie in any way shape or form...

I rather enjoyed the Celtic-Aberdeen match, one of the few times I've actually been able to go see a match live :D

Aberdeen deserved the first half of the game, but was a bit surprised by the rather dull performance in the second half. Kudos to the Celtic keeper for giving a fisted punch to the Dons fans after just catching the ball on the line. I assume that's totally illegal, but by heaven's totally awesome.

Liverpool comfortably beat chelsea 1-0 after a beautiful finish from Torres after Gerrard set him up with an inch perfect through ball. Unfortunately nobody told Rob Styles who decided to give Florent Malouda (who looks to be every bit the diving cunt that Drogba was 2 seasons ago) a penalty for his blatant dive which Lampard then slotted home. He then proceeded to have a complete shocker for the last half hour, should have sent off 2 men (Essien, Ben Haim) and let Chelsea make his decisions for the rest of the game. Mind you, 90mins is a long time, maybe he just got a bit tired?

Love you :D

shocking decision for the penalty, you almost get the impression mr styles may have taken a bung 'in the event of chelski getting the ball in the penalty area then give a penalty' via a brown paper envelope courtesy of mr abramovich. but in reality it was just a shite decision. as was the decision not to allow david nugent's 'goal' for fulham.

been heaps of goalkeeping errors already, looks great when your a neutral but not so good if its your own keeper!

only saw the second half of the dons game and they looked well off the pace - hope i'm not a curse for them!

fair play to man city for grinding that win against united - blimey man poo 16th in the league and city top!

blooming marvellous to have the footy season back!

The first managerial casualty of the season was actually the Hearts boss. Lots of bookies even paid out on that one. Their "manager" moved into the backroom staff, and some coach tookover.

As for CC.... not sure about how i feel. There were lots of rumours going about a while ago, but i chose not to listen. I just hope Donald Park stays on.

I trust our board to make the right decision with a new manager, and fully expect our performances improve. We will not be relegated.

I'm overloaded with work at the moment, since schools have just gone back, so probably won't manage to keep up with developments at ICT till the game on sat. Perhaps a good thing?

meanwhile dandies on the road to hibs can't see where our first win of the season is gonna come from...

You've got us (Killie) the week after and I could write you a list a mile long of teams who've beaten us after months of not winning and poor form and strikers who have ended their dry spells or have scored their first goal for a club against Killie.

If you lose to Hibs (or draw), I'd expect us to hand you three points - thatr's just the way it works at Kilmarnock - don't ask me why, it just does.

So how come the Dons went from being a super fit pre-season team 'as good as they have ever been' to only managing 60 mins before collectively hitting a wall?! All pick up bugs in Egypt? If they pick up and play for 90mins as they did for the first 45 yesterday then I'd put money on them against 'most' SPL teams. Id likely lose a few quid but I'm trying to be an optimistic Aberdonian. Fechtin against centuries of local cognitive character development here...

:)