aberdeen-music

"Comedians" that aren't funny

Shaki

Yeah Sexie is quite poor by his standards, Dress to Kill was the first one I saw and still my favourite. Just stuck all his shows in Audio format on my ipod. Should brighten up the commute!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned David Cross but he's damn good. Can find a few of his shows in audio on torrentspy, limewire etc.

I was intrigued by David Cross, purely on the basis of Tobias in Arrested Development. I may investigate.

The worst I've ever seen is the black woman that's on Mock the Week occasionally. Horrific.

She's in the new kleenex/comic relief advert.

Don't know why.

My number 1 unfunny person just now though is either Roy Chubby "I'm a blatant rascist" Brown or that guy from Time Gentlemen Please.

Circle wasn't great either but Sexie is just appalling and makes me wonder if a laugh track was put in cos there's no way the audience would be laughing that heartily at the crap jokes.

Dress to Kill in French is fucking funny though. It's on the special features bit of the Dress to Kill dvd.

Check out his stand up dvd called Gorgeous , my mother got it a few years back on video and it has definantly put him in my top five of stand up comedians.

He stopped stand up to persue his "acting career" and is now currently starring in the program called Kitchen which is pure baws.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
if you like some political/thought provoking comedy check out doug stanhope

"fuck the french - patriotism"

YouTube - Doug Stanhope - Fuck the French

"you make your own christianity"

YouTube - Doug Stanhope "You make your own christianity"

"gay marriage/attention in life"

YouTube - 3 excuses for attention in life

Yeah, he is top quality. Had a Hedburg/Stanhope Youtube binge last weekend. Sair sides the next day.

Haven't seen any mention of Lenny Bruce, of his time but definitely an influence on Hicks et al.

Anytime I've seen Jerry Sadowitz he's been brilliant, the close up magic is fantastic as well. Looking forward to seeing Frank Skinner and Sean Hughes at the Music Hall, used to really enjoy their stand-up back in the day.

Worst ever stand-up was a guy called Simon Fanshawe. I think he won the Perrier award at one point. He was one of these comedian who thought being gay, in itself, constituted a stand up routine, was clearly a major influence on Graham Norton.

1st episode of Curb Series 6 on US tv on Sunday night all you bit torrent lovers.

I Find Ross noble to be completely unbearable...most people i know think he's the best thing since sliced bread. His set consists of...(Insert geordie accent)"i was walking down the street,and saw this woman like, and i said...(Insert something retarded)...so i did this...(Insert ross jumping around like a fanny)...and she was like..." etc, etc. Complete crap...rant over.

Richard pryor, eddie murphy, Bill hicks...before you hear every fucker tell you he's a god, DYLAN MORAN(Monster is amazing), Chris Rock. There are many good comedians...not a lot of good female one's though...victoria wood is about as good as it gets.

I love Eddie Murphy Raw

Richard Pryor

I think fans of live comedy should take a trip down to the Aberdeen comedy club... I think it's still on Tuesday nights in Snafu, maybe someone who goes or is involved in it could confirm this. There are a few local guys that are really funny. I think it's become quite popular and are attracting out of town comedians. Live comedy, even local and not professional quality, is an ace night out. Unfortunately I have band practice that night so miss it every week.

• 3 weeks later...

don't kow if anyone has mentioned before but Demetri Martin is a brilliant comedian. Maybe not to everyone's taste, but definitely worth a look. he did a paramount comedy special which is on tv-links and has a few videos on youtube.

also, flight of the conchords is the best tv comedy since arrested development, and the songs are amazing. - '....why can't a heterosexual guy tell another heterosexual guy that his ass is pretty fly?'