aberdeen-music

piercings...what've you got?

Guest MDP

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, nothing to do with the gay aspect, the straight men i know have more piercings in general than the gay men I know. No, I'm not sure what it is, I don't find it very attractive and I'm worried I'll hurt them. Belly button piercings in men for example. It's something to do with the 'glory trail' and the inevitable fuzzyness of mens belly buttons that puts me off.

Further evidence that the people at bmezine have obviously got problems here. I've got a strong stomach but reading this was really unsettling.

Don't click it if you're atall sqeamish.

Trepanation

Gist:

Diary Entry: 03-22-00

This weekend I had a hole drilled through my skull. I read that this increased ones consciousness permanently. I read about the supposed de-conditioning properties. I read about more parts of the brain working simultaneously as there would be more blood up there to help this happen. The arguments for it all seemed to be quite lengthy, quite detailed, thought out and researched, and very intelligent.

skip to the end and

Diary Entry: 04-19-00

I have come to the frustrating conclusion that the trepanation has had no lasting effect. I mean, the effects were subtle the whole time anyway and they appear to have worn off.

Further evidence that the people at bmezine have obviously got problems here. I've got a strong stomach but reading this was really unsettling.

Don't click it if you're atall sqeamish.

Trepanation

Gist:

skip to the end and

eeek...

And I didn't dare look...o_O

There is some extreme stuff going on out there that I wish I didn't know about, ever...

Trepanation is an old, old technique. It's believed to be the earliest form of brain surgery. It's good for relieving pressure that builds up in the skull if you've recieved a knock on the head. It is surprisingly safe, since we know from old skulls that even thousands of years before modern surgical tools and techniques were invented people survived trepanation and healed.

tremendously interesting.

Also, If the myth were true and 5-10 yr tattoos were real this means that they would start fading within a couple of years and you would have a "minky" tattoo way before you were old... If you want a tattoo get a tattoo otherwise get a stick on transfer. Trust me, if you spend time thinking about what to have and take your time deciding on your first tattoo you will 'never' regret it.

I have a Prince Albert and one of my ears pierced, i don't think i'll get anything else pierced though.

Piercings and tattoo's are either something you like or don't. There's no point in people getting funny about them these days as there are so many people with them, it's part and parcel of modern life.