aberdeen-music

Your "to buy" list

Dayeth

So what CD's have you all got on your "to buy" list that does nothing but grow! and the ones that you keep meaning to buy...

Mine are:

Symphony X - The Odyssey

In Flames - Reroute to Remain

Dream Theater - Train of Thought

Opeth - Orchid

Paradise Lost - Draconian Times

Cannibal Corpse - Bloodthirst

Guest highroller

the first one off of that list you should buy mate is Draconian Times...it will enchant you and you wont like first listen but you just keep going back and back and back to that album...i know i did in...gulp 1995!!!

Guest Scott 5FD

1. the new Exploited best of cd

2. Descendants - Everything Sucks

3. LightYear - Call Of The Weasel Clan

4. SolaBeat Alliance - Island Fire

5. Howards Alias - The Chameleon Script

6. some Queers CD's

7. Goddamit by Alkaline Trio

8. Cause for Concern - 4ft Fingers

9. More Haste, More Speed - Phinius Gage

10. Rock Against Bush comp

Originally posted by Dayeth:

So what CD's have you all got on your "to buy" list that does nothing but grow! and the ones that you keep meaning to buy...

Mine are:

Symphony X - The Odyssey

In Flames - Reroute to Remain

Dream Theater - Train of Thought

Opeth - Orchid

Paradise Lost - Draconian Times

Cannibal Corpse - Bloodthirst

I have all of those except orchid - which I plan to buy - and Cannibal Corpse. The best Cannibal Corpse album is "the bleeding" by far, but I'm not too big a fan of the rest of their stuff.

"The Odyssey" by Symphony X is FUCKING AMAZING. I cannot stress that enough, and also like Ben says, Draconian Times is also superb. "Reroute To Remain"? I hope you have all the other In Flames albums because "colony" and especially "clayman" are FAR better.

everything I've bought in the last 2 weeks (he he).

tom waits : alice & blood money

funkstorung : disconnected

def jux : 3

dj signify : sleep no more

papa M : hole of burning alms

beauty pill : unsustainable lifestyle

but if you are after run of the mill formulaic "punk", I can't help , sorry. (ho ho)

I would like some DJ Yoda. I heard his set on radio one and it was wicked.

I'm so out of touch with anything outside of the library at the moment that I think thats about it.

I did however get the Lost In Translation OST the other week and it is very very good. Very mellow, but some great contrasting tracks.

Guest sludge

my virtiol - finelines

both biffy albums

placebo - sleeping with ghosts

queens of the stone age

if actually got a massive list. i keep buying other things though...

Clouddead - new album

Steve Reich - Music for 18 musicians - and lots of his other work

more Terry Riley

EL-P - High Water Mark

Lee Perry - Blackboard Dub

some decent Augustus Pablo Lps

Prince Buster - In Dub

Dalek / Faust collaborative album

Dalek - From Rotting...

some decent Sun Ra Lps

latest Do Make Say Think

Studio One Dub

The Fall Lps I still aint got !

and the list goes on.....

Dave

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i'm borrowing about 50 bucks to get a few queers vinyls this sunday - pleasant screams and move back home for starters. might replace some of my worn out tape albums too.

Originally posted by lepeep:

everything I've bought in the last 2 weeks (he he).

tom waits : alice & blood money

(ho ho)

Alice is amazing, my favourite Tom Waits album, great artwork too!

My to buy list- Mortiis- The smell of rain

Ulver- Lyckatropen

Devin Townsend- Ass sordid Demos II

hog:

it's truly a work of genius !

I was flipping from "closing time" to "alice", and its amazing the gap between them is 30 years !....I think He sold his soul to the devil for that voice, lasting as long as it has too !...

I went on a tom waits bender after being booted by the "who's tom waits" thread.

I still have to get :

bone machine and rain dogs...and I think I'll stop then !

-----

I also forgot the new Bonny Prince Billy...I am trying so hard to get all "this is country n wester music...but its OK phil...." he he, I'll be line dancing next. (fuck noooooooooooooooooooooo)

Re: Re: Your "to buy" list

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

I have all of those except orchid - which I plan to buy - and Cannibal Corpse. The best Cannibal Corpse album is "the bleeding" by far, but I'm not too big a fan of the rest of their stuff.

"The Odyssey" by Symphony X is FUCKING AMAZING. I cannot stress that enough, and also like Ben says, Draconian Times is also superb. "Reroute To Remain"? I hope you have all the other In Flames albums because "colony" and especially "clayman" are FAR better.

Orchid is genius, I dunno why I've never got round to buying it. (Not getting the crappy tin boiled sweet case version though)

I know the Odyssey is fucking amazing, the 25 minuter title track is astonishing.....I've been listening to Draconian Times on my computer a lot, not official enough though, kicks ass....ja, I do have all the other In Flames stuff but saying that I think Reroute to Remain is a good album, and on that note ill take the oppurtunity to again show my appreciation for their new album which kicks...my...ass.

Originally posted by Cloud:

Nightwish - Once (okay, so it's not actually out yet..)

Nightwish - End of Innocence DVD

Possibly a Sinergy album..dunno what to get though

Either of the Cacophony albums (just for playing in a car)

Katatonia - Viva Emptiness

I've got "To Hell and Back" and "Suicide by my Side" by Sinergy and they both surpass my expectations...if i had to pick..."Suicide by my Side"

Originally posted by lepeep:

hog:

it's truly a work of genius !

I was flipping from "closing time" to "alice", and its amazing the gap between them is 30 years !....I think He sold his soul to the devil for that voice, lasting as long as it has too !...

I went on a tom waits bender after being booted by the "who's tom waits" thread.

I still have to get :

bone machine and rain dogs...and I think I'll stop then !

-----

I also forgot the new Bonny Prince Billy...I am trying so hard to get all "this is country n wester music...but its OK phil...." he he, I'll be line dancing next. (fuck noooooooooooooooooooooo)

Indeed man! I reckon he smoked since the age of 2:laughing: How hes not dead of Lung Cancer I dont know.