aberdeen-music

Mobile Phone Networks

I'm getting more and more annoyed by the day at the sheer ridiculous-ness that is o2. They are constantly fucking things up, sending me faulty phones, cutting me off after I've paid my bill and such forth.

I want to change operators, does anyone actually like their phone network and find it isn't hideously expensive?

I've never had problems with 02, but then I'm just on pay as you go. Most of my friends here are on vodafone, which seems to be very good. my mate's got that stop the clock deal, he gets unlimited texts, and pays for 3 minutes and talks for up to 60, and pays about £20 a month. think he gets an especially good deal cos he's a student, but they do well otherwise too i think.

I've never had any problems on pay as you go with 02 either but I'm thinking about going for the Orange Dolphin deal which is something like 100 minutes and 750 texts for £25 a month with a rather snazzy phone. Good deal, shame about the name :down: Also the contract is 18 months instead of a year which could be annoying.

I got sick of O2 after they put the price of texts up to 12p and everytime I made a call it cost abotu 50p more than it was supposed to. I was paying about £30-£35 a month on their pay as you go tariff and their contract deals at the time didn't look much better.

So I switched to Orange for their student talk120 or something like that. 12 month contract, free phone, 120 minutes a month, 1000 texts a month for the lovely simple sum of £25 per month.

They've muddled about their contracts now so I'm not sure what mine would be equivalent to. Prolly isn't even as good value anymore... ghey.

But it also isn't Orange ;)

Plus - Orange Wednesdays! :D

The 3 adverts bug me.

I did stick with O2 from when I first got a mobile phone (back when they were BT Cellnet) but they weren't giving me the prices they said they were. My 2p a minute to other O2 numbers at weekends were costing me in the region of 15p a minute instead, the money on my phone was running out at a ridiculous rate, so I feel my switch to Orage was justified :)

I can never understand that treat malarky o2 have, every so often they send me a message saying i can choose a new one, but when i call the number in the message it says i have one already and to wait until it is finished before i choose another...

o2 have been fine so far for me, had a pay as you go phone when they were bt cellnet until I got a contract last year, and no real complaints so far

David

Guest bluesxman

I moved from O2 pay as you go to contract a few years back on the 200 minutes to any network and 500 texts free a month deal and have rearely paid more than teh allocated 29.99 a month. No problems switching phones at upgrade time or anything, so no complaints for O2 here.