aberdeen-music

holiday suggestions

catherine

right. me and some friends are giong away for a week or so in august.

but we've no idea where to go.

we want to be able to do stuff during the day like touristy things or water sports etc. but then still go out at nights and have a good time.

we're all students so it needs to be semi cheap.

so. give me/us some suggestions to look into to.

Turkey - Cheap, Hot, Beachy, nae bad nightlife.. depending on where you go. I'd suggest somewhere around Bodrum or Gumbet, it has a quality nightclub.. the biggest outdoor club in the World!! Ace Waterpark, and the booze is cheap.. so are the people tho... so watch yer back if you go.

The pety crime rate is also hideously high. ;)

Maybe not the best for a group of girls planning on drinking - though it is really cheap and there's no shortage of sites to see and things to do.... it's also relatively untouched in regards to becoming tarred by the tourist brush... so if you were sensible and stuck together it'd probably be fine. :) My boyfriend is there with a pile of his friends just now so i'll pass on reports to how it was.

That is true actually...HEAPS of beggars too and their police cars are made by LADA.

Are you sure about that crime rate ?( ?

I spent a month in Bulgaria with just one other girl, we spent a lot of time in town and went out at night a few times and we had absolutely to problem at all. Everyone was really friendly and helpful.

Maybe it just depends on what part of Bulgaria you're in

prague! it's cheap and got great pubs and lots of stuff to do that's touristy! veer away from the main tourist traps(the two big squares in the centre of prague) and you can eat like a king or queen for next to nothing.

Agreed. Had an ace time there last year. Lonely Planet recommend some great cheap places to eat. The night club at the Bridge was the best one there i thought, had about 5 levels; one with total german hardcore, and another with purely tv and film theme tunes- Ghostbusters, Nightrider, Naked Gun and Transformers all after oneanother!! seriously!! i was in heaven

Yeh, I agree. Prague is a truly wonderful city. Beer is so so cheap, food is good, lots of things to do and see, nice weather in summer time too.

Alternatively, if you're not at all concerned about your own well-being, get flights with Ryan Air for bugger all. You basically just have to pay a very small amount of tax. More than a little dodgy though.

Stonehaven is a quality place to go.. They have ..Um... pubs' date=' neds, and a variety of pavements to walk upon.

An the booze is cheap-ish![/quote']

plus an open air swimming pool. and a castle. and some great places to eat(edit: as in restaurants). and good chip shops.

You never mentioned anything about the weather being scorching.. so I'd recommend Copenhagen. In August the temperature is usually around 25degreesish.. so it is warm. There are plenty of sights to see/things to do and there are lots of places to go at night!

Me and a friend also want to go away in August, somewhere with good nightlife, but we don't care about having sights to see during the day, we just want to sit by a pool and get tanned. Somewhere hot!