aberdeen-music

More tool cd rumours

rune

my brain hurts from looking at that page for so long...

I think it would be fucking classic if they had pulled the wool over everyone's eyes, especially after putting out a song like Vicarious all about being sheep to what it says in the media. Also the fact that the new logo looks like it says 'Fool', thats awesome if they are taking the piss, so blatant.

Regardless, I got the single but i ain't getting the album until its on the shelves of one-up. Be it the one everyones heard before or something else, Vicarious is ace and im now looking forward to this release more than ever!

I've heard the album (1000days that is). Don't like much of it. But the bass sound is absolutely breathtaking!!! Just when i got happy with my bass sound' date=' i'm put back into a place of awe[/quote']

Did you notice any production inconsistencies?

Just curious as im not gonna get it til its out like i said.

I heard it in my mates car, and there were very minor inconsistencies. Mainly surrounding the vocals i felt, sometimes they were really loud in production, sometimes a bit quiet; don't know if thats intentional though.

The other guys in Small Enclosed Area though totally loved it, but only after about the 4th or 5th listen. Up until then there was a census of disappointment.

I'm hoping there's another album (with the same bass sound!)

Thats tool tho, when i heard vicarious i was in awe of the guitar sound (especially when it comes in near the start), but the bizzare vocal lines and arrangements took a few listens before i even knew where i was with the song (if that makes any sense).

It was the same when i picked up Lateralus. Fucking love it tho!

a physical copy?

how?

I suspect he's talking nonsense. I'm still convinced the leaked album isn't the new album as it blatantly isn't up to scratch. I've got the new album on order though so time will tell. I hope I won't be proved wrong.

I suspect he's talking nonsense. I'm still convinced the leaked album isn't the new album as it blatantly isn't up to scratch. I've got the new album on order though so time will tell. I hope I won't be proved wrong.

you are wrong, i got it from SOURCE

01. Vicarious 7:06

02. Jambi 7:28

03. Wings For Marie (Pt 1) 6:11

04. 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2) 11:13

05. The Pot 6:21

06. Lipan Conjuring 1:11

07. Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann) 3:46

08. Rosetta Stoned 11:11

09. Intension 7:21

10. Right In Two 8:55

11. Viginti Tres 5:02

From my listen of the album i was quite unimpressed actually.

Good music' date=' but from the stuff i've heard (whether its ACTUALLY the new album or not), doesn't really show much of a progression or evolution since lateralus. Hopefully it won't be their official new release.[/quote']

I'm of the same opinion. I liked what i heard but i think that it sounded very much like it could've been from the Lateralus sessions which isn't the sort of thing tool would do really. I'll just be happy to see what the score is when its released. I've tried to keep away from the 'demo'/'album' or whatever but people seem intent on making me listen to it :p

I'm sure it'll be ok :)

you are wrong' date=' i got it from SOURCE

01. Vicarious 7:06

02. Jambi 7:28

03. Wings For Marie (Pt 1) 6:11

04. 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2) 11:13

05. The Pot 6:21

06. Lipan Conjuring 1:11

07. Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann) 3:46

08. Rosetta Stoned 11:11

09. Intension 7:21

10. Right In Two 8:55

11. Viginti Tres 5:02[/quote']

The same version as was leaked onto the Internet then, if those track times are anything to go by...

I know I'm risking the wrath of many a Tool fan here, but I am one so fuck it. Lateralus really didn't show the huge amount of progression that everyone seems to think after Aenima. There are some recycled riffs and rhythms in there, it wasn't 100% original. But that's to be expected; their albums are so complex and the fact that are still the same three members of the same band means they are not going to write an album that sounds like a different band. Thing is, all the albums still sound like Tool. Just don't build your expectations amazingly high, they are in fact only mere mortals!

I know I'm risking the wrath of many a Tool fan here' date=' but I am one so fuck it. Lateralus really didn't show the huge amount of progression that everyone seems to think after Aenima. There are some recycled riffs and rhythms in there, it wasn't 100% original. But that's to be expected; their albums are so complex and the fact that are still the same three members of the same band means they are not going to write an album that sounds like a different band. Thing is, all the albums still sound like Tool. Just don't build your expectations amazingly high, they are in fact only mere mortals![/quote']

true true...

I was re-listening to lateralus the other day, and it is a grower, even 4 years after it was made ! (or is it 5?!)...

undertow is still phenominal...

speaking of which, I picked up "lusk" on ebay (paul d'amour's band)...it's strange, sounds like the cure played by stone temple pilots....nowt like tool...

and now, he's formed : feersum enjjin, sounds great....

http://www.myspace.com/feersumennjin

I know I'm risking the wrath of many a Tool fan here' date=' but I am one so fuck it. Lateralus really didn't show the huge amount of progression that everyone seems to think after Aenima. There are some recycled riffs and rhythms in there, it wasn't 100% original. But that's to be expected; their albums are so complex and the fact that are still the same three members of the same band means they are not going to write an album that sounds like a different band. Thing is, all the albums still sound like Tool. Just don't build your expectations amazingly high, they are in fact only mere mortals![/quote']

You ever heard them live? Alot different from their cd recordings, amazing! :O